Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I´ve found a birthday present (only 11 days left) which is the "Ultra" from Dreamscience.

I´m really impressed of the different mods-and I already sold my Bluefin.

Now I´m wondering about the low torque on all software mods.
Normally, you do have a torque around 420-460 NM when you hit the 300 bhp...(don´t you?!)

How much turbo pressure do you have in Overboost?
With BF Stage 2 it was nearly 1,3 bar.

THX 4 all comments and hints

greetz

Hippi

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I am not sure what you are trying to ask here, are you after a peak boost pressure, overboost normally only happens on lift off. I don't mean to sound funy but how were you measuring the boost pressure when you were running Bluefin, at that pressure it would be off the scale of the standard gauge.

To give you an idea when I was running stage 3 Bluefin I was hitting 1.24 bar on full boost, not sure about the ultra package from Dreamscience puts out.

·
Kalmar Union
1,301 Posts
As a point of reference for you my own ST ran 296 bhp at arround 6300rpm with boost at 0.82 bar at that point.

Our max. boost on that run was 1.11bar at 4600rpm, corresponding to 425nm of torque, max torque recorded being at 3200rpm with 1.04bar.

These figures were recorded on a bang up to date Maha machine a few weeks ago.

Regards, Don.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THX for your replies.

With "Overboost", I meant the acceleration kick around 3400 rpm-the needle was at the end of the scale and then stood still at 1.1 bar until shifting up.
DS became interesting cause of its different mods which I can change and try whenever I need to f.e. hittting the Nordschleife or just cruising around.
Otherwise, the Bluefin graph was nearly perfect, but only one mod :-(

@ Don:
what changes did you do to your engine and are the results of the Maha run with DS Software or another manufacturer?

regards

Hippi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts