Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys I'm gonna sound a bit of a moaner here lol I've had my st since just before Xmas and I love it there's just a few things that I'm worried about and looking for some advice on, first thing is if I accelerate hard there is a grinding/vibrating/knocking type noise from the front end but only does this accelerating in 1st and 2nd gear if I drive it and get it in third then put my foot down there's nothing, 2nd thing is bad vibration through the steering wheel under braking the brakes are
hot work really well but the vibration is terrible, the car had new front discs not long before I got it and I've just put 2 new tyres on the front but it was doing this before hand, the last thing is if the car is sitting on tick over every 30 secs/ 1 minute I get a click from the front drivers side of the car just wondered what this was thanks in advance guys Andy

·
Registered
614 Posts
now wait for others to confirm because i am pretty new to this maintaining my own car business,,
to your first problem i would say that the fault is with your driveshaft (expensive if correct)
2nd problem i would say is cv joint which could of been caused by the faulty driveshaft or vice versa
3rd, is your aircon on whilst this click is happening, because i get it if my aircon is on,,

i am sure someone will be along shortly to tell me i am wrong and need destroying and tell you the real faults, but hopefully i am getting the hang of looking after my own car

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol I think I'd rather get mine refurbed than pay that much for a pair of driveshafts,I could get a new exhaust and remap for that price

1 - 8 of 8 Posts