Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Despite the supposed connection between RS = Rallye Sport, in reality they are in no way connected these days, and therefore if you think the RS will be anything like the WRC car, you will be disappointed. Look at the Focus RS nothing like the WRC cars

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Despite the supposed connection between RS = Rallye Sport, in reality they are in no way connected these days, and therefore if you think the RS will be anything like the WRC car, you will be disappointed. Look at the Focus RS nothing like the WRC cars
No but the fact that the RS was the base for the WRC car.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Nope not missing anything, its nothing about end of car life, theres a link some where about the origins of the mk2 wrc.

http://www.m-sport.c...rd-focus-rs-wrc

I apologise the mk2 WRC is based on the mk2 ST.
Yes I could see the ST which was supposedly created by the team RS but badged ST for marketing purposes (yet despite this back in 07 when I went to a show where the RS owner club were they would not give me the time of day but welcomed a impreza based kit car that looked like a RS200 on their stand (and it was a dog)

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Yes I could see the ST which was supposedly created by the team RS but badged ST for marketing purposes (yet despite this back in 07 when I went to a show where the RS owner club were they would not give me the time of day but welcomed a impreza based kit car that looked like a RS200 on their stand (and it was a dog)
I was a member of the RSOC when i got the ST and there was a vote as to whether to accept ST models into the club due to dwindling membership at the time! If i remember rightly they voted 97% no to letting STs in! I was quite glad as the RSOC was rubbish and £40 was just a joke! Most of them didnt even drive their cars ffs!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I was a member of the RSOC when i got the ST and there was a vote as to whether to accept ST models into the club due to dwindling membership at the time! If i remember rightly they voted 97% no to letting STs in! I was quite glad as the RSOC was rubbish and £40 was just a joke! Most of them didnt even drive their cars ffs!
They did not like the ST as it was more powerful and a better car than their RS turdo's (that was not a spelling mistake)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts