Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i had my car stolen back in november
got it back but it dont feel the same
as it did, has any1 else had there st stolen and got it back? does it feel the same as b4 it got stolen? does it bother u that it was stolen? did u keep it or get rid of it?
my car was my pride and joy and i work hard to pay for it just wondered if the feeling of it being stolen goes after awhile? as u can probably tell im proper gutted that it was stolen
as i have been looking to get rid of it but not sure if i want to now.

thanks

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Mat Ive seen you mention this a few times and it has clearly gotten to you. I had an old car broken into a while back, it wasnt stolen but it never felt the same. Weird feeling but I do understand it. Thhe car was cleaned weekly before the break in. Afterwards it just got me from A-B never got cleaned, parked like it was abandoned etc etc. If I was you I'd possibly trade it in/sell it, and get another one in a different colour.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hi mate,had mine stolen less than a year ago,they crashed into some other car when police was chasing them,dented the front bumper,i had it fixed,and dont think about it,it heals with time so don't worry mate! chin UP !!!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 9 Feb 2010, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mat Ive seen you mention this a few times and it has clearly gotten to you. I had an old car broken into a while back, it wasnt stolen but it never felt the same. Weird feeling but I do understand it. Thhe car was cleaned weekly before the break in. Afterwards it just got me from A-B never got cleaned, parked like it was abandoned etc etc. If I was you I'd possibly trade it in/sell it, and get another one in a different colour.

i know what u mean m8,thats how i look at the car now a point of transport gets me from A-B,and i dont want to spend more money on it, i am looking at a pb 08 st just waiting for the sales guy to get back to me about it

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(vitatornado @ 9 Feb 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi mate,had mine stolen less than a year ago,they crashed into some other car when police was chasing them,dented the front bumper,i had it fixed,and dont think about it,it heals with time so don't worry mate! chin UP !!!

hi m8 this is what i was hoping would happen that u forget about it after awhile ive only had it back about a month so probably this time next year ill have forgot

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I think quite a lot of people that get theirs back after it was stolen go on to flog it and get something else. Whether that's another ST or a totally different car all depends on how you feel. I think if this happened to me, I'd look to sell it and get a totally different car, any ST just wouldn't be right any more.

Hope it feels better for you soon mate, selling a recovered stolen can be an absolute flunt, good luck

·
Registered
603 Posts
I would have to agree, the feeling after some
had invaded your space and abused your pride and joy would put me off wanting to keep it. Plus isn't it now a stolen recovery car?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mine was stolen about a year ago
But had tracker fitted and was found undamaged about an hour after theft reported, even the copper who found it said it was in imaculate condition ! Kept it for about 9 months after and it didn't show any adverse signs of it's ordeal, but it did niggle me, that it had been "violated". I'd always planned to buy an
but the theft put me off for a while
Then I thought " why should some lowlife put me off, doing what I want to do! So I bought my
. It's well protected and I have a new friend Mr Sledge-Hammer Handle waiting to meet anyone who is daft enough to break into my house to get the keys

·
Registered
571 Posts
Im lucky. I put mine away when i get home from work. Though some other people near me have
's in the open and they've been ok, but i like my garage. Also the key is with me at all times, and the spare is in the gun safe.

HEAR THAT TEA-LEAFS? GUN SAFE. KEEP AWAY!!!
OR DEAD TEA-LEAF!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.