Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the '09 plate ST-3 2 and a half weeks ago from Evans Halshaw in Aberdeen. The car came from Darlington so it had to be transported up so I hadn't even seen it in the flesh. I had finance with the AA on my current car which was going to be paid off by my new credit agreement with the garage. I was told to cancel my Direct Debit by the salesman as they were going to sort everything. Ended up receiving letters from the AA saying I had cancelled my DD and I have been charged £25 and in arrears. Due to me having a personal plate this had to be transferred by the DVLA, of course the DVLA were on strike Mon/Tues last week so that delayed the process meaning the settlement letter of my original loan was out of date. Tried to get another letter from the AA Thursday but due to me being in arrears they will now not fax the settlement letter to the garage until the outstanding monthly payment was paid. I reluctantly paid it Friday by card but it can take up to 3 days to clear before they will fax the letter. Once the garage receive the fax they can settle the loan so I can not get the car until that has been done. Complained to the manager and he said he would speak to the salesman as he shouldn't have told me to cancel the DD in the first place and he will cover the payment I made but we will wait and see if that comes off. Seems like they don't care about customer service once they have that signature.

Stupidly I went to see the car for the first time yesterday in the workshop. Found out its actually pearlesent white which looks amazing. So........... can't wait to drive it now. It's just sitting there all lonely in the Garage

All in all I'm so
off with the service from the garage. Try calling them and have to go through their head office down south before being transferred/put on hold by about 3 people before you get the person you want to speak to as the don't have direct dials.

Rant over!! lol So with a bit of luck if I have any I will getg my new ST Mon/Tues!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Should have stuck to the Teg Dave. Dont think an ST3 is ur cuppa tea. Thought I recognised the reg number LOL
I used to work wi ur brother at Ford. I've got a 58plate ST3 in white too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have stuck to the Teg Dave. Dont think an ST3 is ur cuppa tea. Thought I recognised the reg number LOL
I used to work wi ur brother at Ford. I've got a 58plate ST3 in white too.
I loved the Teg, would still have it if it never rusted away. Don't know if its my cup of tea yet as I haven't got it yet lol!! Tried to get one through Pauls work but they couldn't track the one I wanted down. Good old Ford eh!

Paul says hi! What you doing with yourself now??

·
Registered
337 Posts
I love my ST3. Magic car like. I had an ST170 before that.
I'm over in Denmark now. Esbjerg. Doin mechanical things for BIS Salamis. We have a decon yard here decontaminating valves and pipes, getting rid of LSA/NORM. Been here now for 18 months on a 2 on 2 rotation. Its all onshore but offshore money. Living in company apartments living on expenses. Its a good number but not what I wanted.
Had an interview with Halliburton 2 weeks ago. Just waiting to hear back from them.
The whole point of getting this job was to get experience offshore, and I've only been offshore 3 trips. And its all in the Danish sector. HSE over here is totally different. Absolute joke TBH.
Have u finished the college/ apprenticeship thing yet?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool cool! I'm still working with Oceaneering and promoted to Inspection Eng since passing my HND in Mech Eng. College is all finished now thankfully and trying to get as much offshore experiance as possible being onshore based.

Is ur ST pearlesent or the plain white? Lovin the pearl!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mine is the plain white.
I tried to uy one from Arnold Shark too. But the salesman made an :censored: of the order. He typed the wrong reg into the system for a car that didnt exist.
So I found one in Middlesborough. Fully loaded, touch screen sat nav, leather Recaro's and sculpted back seat.

Just ordered a few bits and bobs for it last week. I have an ECU spacer to fit, white fog lamp for the back and some wind deflectors for the windows.

Thinking of getting a Kuga for the missus, but in pearl white. But thats after July cos need all the pennies to get married. She has an orange Honda Civic Type S - GT.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one!! Thinking of different mods I fancy. I want it to have that pigeon type noise as it dumps through the gears. What would I need, any ideas??

·
Registered
349 Posts
hi mate, if you go onto evans halshaw's web site you can search for the phone number for your garage.
it will be an 0845 number, but it goes straight through to the garage.

i bought my st-3 from evans halshaw in motherwell last sunday & got it on thursday.

hang in there, it will be worth the wait

·
Registered
163 Posts
OMG.....i nearly bought that Focus about 3 weeks ago..even test drove it lol. The day i went down to buy it they turned around and said another branch had bought it. So i ended up buying a PB ST2. Anyway 1 week later i went back and it was still there and back up for sale. They told me something happended with the Finance...

Anyway well done on the purchase its a cracking car!

·
Registered
576 Posts
That is some saga mate. I can assure you it won't spoil your enjoyment of the car. It'll take 5 mins to put a grin on your face!!

As your local Region Rep I'd just like to remind you (and Granite) to keep an eye on the regional section and we can arrange meets etc. I'm actually looking for a white ST in the near future to do a quick photoshoot with when I finish making mine all stealth!!

Hopefully all goes well for the start of the week!!!

Gary

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is some saga mate. I can assure you it won't spoil your enjoyment of the car. It'll take 5 mins to put a grin on your face!!

As your local Region Rep I'd just like to remind you (and Granite) to keep an eye on the regional section and we can arrange meets etc. I'm actually looking for a white ST in the near future to do a quick photoshoot with when I finish making mine all stealth!!

Hopefully all goes well for the start of the week!!!

Gary
I know mate but I'm so impatient its unreal, especially with the car sitting there all good to go. I will do, up for meeting others to see what mods they have etc. I'm up for a photo shoot anytime, jst give me a shout. We could do it with Granite's too!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Granite I was at the Banchory meet. That was a while back! hopefully there will be a few more like it soon

Yeah I'm all for having 2 white STs to take pics of! I've also got a mate with a white RS but I'm not sure if he likes to be seen with us low life ST owners
We'll def arrange something though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stick in there mate! Funnily enough I had problems with them aswell. The V5 for my p-ex took 5 weeks to arrive, awaiting plate transfer, and they threatened to not do a service which was agreed @ pos, so I threatened to go and jump up and down in the sale room in the middle of a Saturday afternoon outside the GM's office, they collected it the next day and serviced it, never been back for anything after that.

But hey good luck with the new car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts