Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have noticed recently that my steering has occationally become sticky when going from dead straight to left. I have checked my fluid level and it seems fine and on the MAX mark. But its become a bit of issue now as when it sticks you have to force the steering to get it unstuck, which makes you swerve left! Is this the dreaded power steering problem and will i have an issue with warranty as Ford noticed that i had replaced the airbox with a DSCI induction and an intercooler then returned to standard thus removing my warranty for an issue i had 6 months ago. Am i right in thinking there are differant areas of warranty? Such as engine / steering+suspension / interior etc...?? I hoping this is the case and i will still be covered by warranty!

Has anyone had this issue with steering and have an idea of cost if warranty is out of the question?

Thanks all
Rich

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
It's a bit hit and miss when it comes to warranty work as I have had various things done under warranty including the Powers steering TSB after it lost all the fluid when it was parked in work with no mention of the mods.
Normally if the mods don't have a direct link to the failed parts then you should be ok but I have heard of a few members getting refused for just having mods alone.

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Don't mention any mods when you book it in, if you have no joy, try another dealer. I have never had any warranty work refused.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't mention my mods previously. I had left something obvious undone or something stupid like that and they picked up on it! (unfortunatly)

I will give it a go then! Its due its first MOT and service in March but i think i will not get Ford to do that i will take it to my trusted local friendly garage.

Any idea on how much a set of front disk and pads + rear disk and pads cost? As there is rather a large lip forming on both now and i can see it cropping up in the MOT!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts