Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking into having the stitching on my steering wheel redone in blue... and looking to at the same time have the same done with my gear and handbrake gaiters. The leather is good on all of them (steering wheel is mint tbh) so not a retrim as such, would just like coloured stitching, anybody have any recomendations of places to use?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Adam, just had a look - some very nice stuff on their website! Might look into that once i have the car back.... unfortunately was involved in an accident in it on sunday.... so has some repairs to be done first.

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,709 Posts
Can you not just use a dye pen or similar & colour the stiches yourself? Seems a lot of time, effort, & money, to retrim the steering wheel for the sake of changing the stitching colour?

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I am looking to have my wheel retrimmed in fresh leather and blue stitching, had a quote of £320...is that about right? seems a quite high to me, but wondered what others have paid.
Sounds alot that,royalsteeringwheels quoted me £160 for my mk2 steering wheel

Perforated leather on sides, Smooth top/bottom + Blue centre stripe, Blue stitching

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had in mind more like 150-200 so wondered if I was too hopefull or it was expensive.

The effort to have it done is no issue, but when the wheel isn't in need of repair, £320 is rather steep.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts