Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
So, earlier I was at the petrol station filling up. Turned the engine off and filled up. Got back in and pressed the start button and I got an adaptive headlight failure warning. I pressed ok, cleared the fault warning and then went to pull away. I attempted to steer round the car in front of me and then found the steering was locked solid and I could not move the wheel an inch!

Narrowly avoiding hitting the car in front I jammed the brake and pressed the start button to kill the engine and then restarted her, and I got no warnings or issues with steering. But it's a bit disconcerting!

Luckily it's going to the dealers tomorrow morning to have the rattle in the door card sorted, so I'll be sure to get this looked at!

Anyone else experienced this?

· Registered
Mk4 ST280
1,690 Posts
The fact that headlight warning came up it was probably the steering position sensor.

It should have logged a fault so when you take it in they can have an idea what to look at.

The MK4 (and MK3) is EPAS, so no fluid involved in the steering system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.