Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
2006 ST-2 MK2
Seen it a few times on these racers, dash cam couldn't pick they're plates, had it on a dpd van once when he was doing 60 in a 40.

I don't condone it and anyone wanting to do this are only doing it for no good.

Premium Member
Wonder if it works.... Does anyone know a mate of a mate who's tried it? Not that I would ever condone it...
Perhaps of interest:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps of interest:

Interesting stuff, tbh I enjoy my clean licence and my hooligan days are behind me, but I do like a short cut here and there 馃榿馃憤馃徎 cheers

Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
Problem is if they do work it's immediately obvious to any following plod looking at their camera feed.

Reactions: whitetop

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem is if they do work it's immediately obvious to any following plod looking at their camera feed.
Exactly 馃憤馃徎 there's no where to hide 馃槈

The reason this piqued my interest is that I travel the A9 up my way quite a lot, its been a notorious road in the past with plenty of fatalities, the road now has average cameras (spec S3 type) it's done wonders in making it safer which I'm all for, however... There is a need to overtake lorries and vans etc which are limited to 50mph, when people don't understand what an average camera is for they overtake VERY VERY slowly ( this should probably be on the rant thread :ROFLMAO:) now I'm happy to set the cruise at 64 and bomb on but there are limits to what you can get away with, they say the speed limit plus %10, I think this is at the authoritys discretion though, plus the dualled stretches of the road are not covered by these average speed cameras so I like to speed up a bit, my suspicions were confirmed not long ago with the bobbys out with their radar gun on a carriage way bit last time I drove up and down, so I was thinking if I do push it too much, especially when it's quiet in the late hours if I'm on my todd, and I do catch the attention of the cameras, is there anything I could do to.... Help with not being detected

But there isn't 馃槀 moral of the story... Leave early and get the tunes on.

Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
I just set my cruise to 56 and that allows me to float past a lot of traffic in that situation. But yes - moral of the story is stick to the limits and have a little patience ;)

Registered
Alan St500
I just set my cruise to 56 and that allows me to float past a lot of traffic in that situation. But yes - moral of the story is stick to the limits and have a little patience ;)
I do have a chuckle when some clown does a dangerous Brian and overtakes to go absolutely nowhere and be stuck behind the next car 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
馃槀 A dangerous Brian, not heard that in a while, I think when you hit a certain age you just can't be ***** with the whole" I need to be in front of absolutely everyone regardless of the minute gain and risks" feeling, I blame testosterone

Registered
However that relies on there being:

a. Police out in their cars driving around monitoring traffic & catching bad guys.
b. Their car is fitted with a camera.

Around here:

a. You have more chance winning the lottery than seeing one unless you pick a football match day when they all appear out of the woodwork. Hence stay away from the football ground & you are fine.
b. We have only two cars fitted as such. One is a fully liveried BMW estate that lives near Hull & only come south of the river as per (a). The other is an unmarked Audi S3 that never leaves the M62!

Registered
Best thing to do is to fit what a friend of mine did to his Golf GTI while I was based at RMCS Shrivenham many years ago. He 'borrowed' some RAM sheeting very similar to that used by the military as well as an ECM transmitter assembly very similar to that fitted to Harriers. He did need a boot full of batteries & such along with a far bit of other stuff but it was a remarkably straightforward fit! The only outward sign was the big hole we cut in this front bumper for the air intake 'scoop' for the emitter.
As a test we put the thing on full power & part cooked a chicken we put in front of his bumper so that should have been a warning sign to us but we didn't care....... He then drove around Swindon - which does have a fair few cameras - looking for 'targets' However he did come back very quickly & then take it all out again!
Supposedly as he was driving around he blew up about 4 of 5 cameras when he fired this thing at them - including one that was attached to the arm of a police officer standing at the side of the road!!!!
Methinks the KFC style chicken test should have told us it was a touch too powerful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However he didn't get any tickets...........................................:whistle:

Registered
The other thing is to find a road like the road from Faslane across to Glasgow via the Coulport depot. Was build by the MOD to transport 'things' from the Coulport depot to Faslane so it was nice & big & wide with long sweeping curves but when it was no longer needed the MOD gave it to the local council. Hence it took about 1 day before the local boy racers 'found' it & realised how good it was. It therefore took about 2 days for the local plod to realise they should have speed cameras on it! It was also the same road used by all the matelots going weekenders to head across & down south easily - this included any marines coming back from deployment.
This was fine until a black clothed officer jumped out from behind a bush & pointed a gun at a car coming from Faslane that happened to contain a number of said marines just back from deployment.....
The resulting impact killed the officer with the gun & the marine driving the car plus injured the other marines & killed the officers colleague who was sat in the patrol car behind the bush......................

Hence after that the quickest way to go weekenders was via the Coulport road as you could be guaranteed there was never going to be a speed camera on it................................:confused:

Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
However that relies on there being:

a. Police out in their cars driving around monitoring traffic & catching bad guys.
b. Their car is fitted with a camera.

Around here:

a. You have more chance winning the lottery than seeing one unless you pick a football match day when they all appear out of the woodwork. Hence stay away from the football ground & you are fine.
b. We have only two cars fitted as such. One is a fully liveried BMW estate that lives near Hull & only come south of the river as per (a). The other is an unmarked Audi S3 that never leaves the M62!
It does. But then you have to factor in Sod's Law :)

Registered

Quite an interesting read
However if they couldn't prove he was speeding as the 'expert' user of the speed gun had no proof of it they obviously couldn't do him for speeding. Consequently then by the same token if they couldn't prove he was speeding by default then he wasn't speeding - hence how could he pervert the course of justice when there was no crime happening that they could prove? Unless the sheer act of having these items is an offence - which it isn't as you can buy them openly. It is an offence to own an automatic weapon as they are illegal to buy. Hence just being seen with one will get you arrested - or worse. But if the jammers can be bought legally when do they become illegal if you can't prove they have caused a 'crime' to go unpunished.
It might just have been the 'expert' speed gun user pressing the wrong button on the gun??
Which is why to be honest that a lot of the modern systems transmit long enough to force the camera to reset & then switch off whilst telling you that you have been targeted & giving you chance to slow down.................:whistle:
I am afraid that I do not condone speeding however I consider that as car users we are being actively targeted, harassed, hounded, & financially disadvantaged in order to force us off the roads for lots of reasons. Therefore we have the right to fight back. To paraphrase Charlton Heston in America many years ago you can prise the 'keys' to my car out of my cold dead fingers! In America they have only just had yet another shooting so their solution - pass another law allowing more people to carry a concealed weapon!!!
Many years ago a friend's mum swerved out of the way of a known drink driver as he drove his car out of a pub car park nearly hitting her & several other people before weaving off down the road. Did the 'expert' camera operator stop him? No they got her for doing 34mph and gave her a fine, the first points on her license she had ever had and she was so terrified of being stopped or being done again she sold her car & now goes everywhere on the bus. Fair - no. Except they got another person off the road - just not the right one!!

Rant over!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts