Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why am I seeing everywhere that they have hex bolts on their rear caliper brackets? But on mine it's a star, I feel like I'm the only one? Tell me I'm not and I can go on with my day and await my star socket set in a better frame of mind lol
I will be changing these to a hex head because screw (pun) those star heads.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,452 Posts
A hex key fits them so if that's all you ever tried, you'll assume they are hex.
Pretty sure Mk2 is the same.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Why am I seeing everywhere that they have hex bolts on their rear caliper brackets? But on mine it's a star, I feel like I'm the only one? Tell me I'm not and I can go on with my day and await my star socket set in a better frame of mind lol
I will be changing these to a hex head because screw (pun) those star heads.
Mine are hex on 2018 st rear caliper carriers. I just used a regular socket to remove them so no issues or pains.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Mine are star bolts (reverse torx 'E') one of which rounded off when i did the discs and pads last year... had to heat it to get it out - fortunately they're a listed item on rates ebay and arrived promptly as usual!

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,415 Posts
Yeah have torx heads on the rear callipers on the wife’s Kuga, which uses the same font and rear brakes, not done my ST yet, I’ve got a full set of genuine Ford brakes in the garage, waiting to go on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts