Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question to people?

How long does a focus ST250 Standard turbo last? before it needs the oil seals replacing/rebuilding?

Only ask because i start out with a starlet Glanza V many years ago i.e when I was 21 and now 34 and that car had to have the standard turbo rebuild normally around 60'000 to 70'000 miles goes on how well they looked after the car.

So was just wondering if its the same thing or are these turbos stronger and last a lot longer now with technology moved on so much of the years.

·
Banned
877 Posts
My Renault 5GT Turbo was definitely old school and although lots of bits wore out in the 80k I did ,never had any troubles with the turbo, in spite of running big boost and other mods.
Always changed the oil every six K and observed shutting down sequence so as not to starve the bearings.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Turbo failed on my Mondeo Ecoboost 240 at 40k and it had full Ford service history at the correct timings. Luckily the car was under warranty so no cost to me, turbo replaced and was fine for 12 months when I sold it. If you don't know, turbo is the same as the mk3 ST, engine the same, just injector and exhaust manifold differences I think. Currently have a mk2 Focus ST on 70k though, original turbo, orginal clutch and no signs of any issues.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As i thought then with things moving on. so have the turbos life span. good to know. thinking of getting the car mapped. but wondering would i leave the standard cat on or go for a 200 cell one. either way looking to make around the 280 to 300 bhp.

mods:-

KSM tyhoon exhaust cat back

Forged intake

forged FMIC

turbo smart wastegate

EBC yellow stuff pads all round

1 - 8 of 8 Posts