Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Standard Boost???

394 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Foz 
#1 ·
Hi picked my St up the other day and all the way back the boost was only reaching quarter is this right? i thien gavve a good thrash up the dual carage way through 2nd 3rd and 4th then it went just past half way. IS this correct?

Im sure when i had a shot of my mate his seemed to boost half way nearly all the time.

#3 ·
Does not sound far out mate.

On an ST with out the ECU upgrade the boost usually goes to 3 quarters when you first floor it and then settles down to just under half.

Once the ECU is upgraded the boost will go to 1.2 bar and stop there as long as you keep your right foot planted.

#7 ·
Still not totaly convinced about this standard boost thing iv got in my head!!

when driving normaly the boost flutters between nothing and quarter and seems to stop. and you hoof it it jumps to quarter then stops then jumps agian to just over half thats when the revs are up over 4. im adiment that when i drove my mates his didnt do it.

is there any 1 with a standard St from near whtley bay that could take me for a quick run to see if its the same??? Also any one with a standard St could they do say 60 in 6th then boot it till say 80 and see where the boost goes to?? mine only goes to quarter.

thing is its under warrenty till december so i want to get every thing sweet befor it runs out. if need bee ill try and get a couple of vids tonight on my way home.

Hope im not beign a pian but im just not 100% con fident its right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.