Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
MondeoSTOC Staff
137 Posts
I'm best known on other sites and facebook as Mr 200 or Mr Data.

I spent years compiling the ST200 and ST220 data bases.

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Pattern
Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Line Font

And this money pit is the reason I made the first one, the ST200 data base........

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Number 3 of 21

Anyway,

I have just used the same methods to compile a Focus ST500 data base.

I know when asked most ST500 owners will go "I'm not bothered" or "I have No 1" or even "What ever".

But I have if you are interested all 500 ST500s in VIN order.

There are 353 3 door and 147 5 door cars all built for UK market.

I have been unable to confirm if my data base is right, as surprise surprise, there isn't another one to compare it to :(

I will gladly dispense with what I know for free as I do for the ST200 and ST220.

I also expect a certain amount of scepticism and ridicule :rofl:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I'm curious as to how you do this...I also wonder if you have a life! (sorry I don't mean it).

Well done - I'm sure the ST500 owners here will find it interesting to see where their car fits in the production history.

·
MondeoSTOC Staff
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :brow:

This one only took me a few hours rather than years for the others :facepalm:

I took a long list of VIN numbers and isolated the Panther Blacks from Oct 2007 to production end, then checked each one for Infra Red Seats, and compiled my list :) Simples :whistle:

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,709 Posts
I can get a proper build number sticker now rather than being no1!!! I wonder who is number 1 though as they can really claim the honour??

Thankyou Neil.

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
4,217 Posts
So if you have 3 cars built on the same day how do you decide which was built first? The vin number is no guarantee of production line order as it’s allocated away from the line.

·
MondeoSTOC Staff
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My understanding is when a car is ordered that is when the VIN is allocated.

Ford's raw data is listed in VIN order.

Also the VIN is the only bit of data I have that is completely unique to each car.

So on that basis I did it by VIN order.

It's interesting to note that the Limited RS that have ALREADY been made, are being touted as the last 50 RS's, despite it being a well known fact that April is the last month of production.

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,709 Posts
I have just had a word with Dave at DMB Graphics who do the standard ST build number gel badges. He is prepared to do an ST500 specific build badge if people want it? In effect the standard build badge is this:

Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Games

Dave is prepared to do the same colours but instead of it saying ST UK / 00000 in the right hand box he can do it saying 147 / 500 with the first number being your build number or ST500 / 147 so that we are all not 1 of 500!!

Cost will be the same as a standard badge with delivery on top to your address as normal. People can order them individually themselves as he is willing to do them as required or if we get a number of people together he said he will look into a little discount. All money etc will go through DMB Graphics.

So if people are interested I can talk with Alb & see about putting together a group buy?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 215 Posts