Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am considering getting an ST3 soon. I understand there are on 2 leather seats in the rear of an ST3.

My question is, is it possible to retrofit a third seat belt for the middle seat? Like those belts that go around your waist?, even if it used the anchors for the two side belts. I'm not a regular 5 person transporter but on occasions it would be inconvenient not to have 5 seats.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask.

Cheers

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
you can do it mate but you will need to get it tested, sva, i think. then inform your ins. be easier just to buy an st2 imo

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you mean you want to keep the existing back bench but just add another seat belt?

That just won't work mate. I've got one and the bit in between the two existing back seats is no good for sitting on. The whole back bench is sculpted to accommodate the two in the back and there is no room for another person in between. Its not just a wide flat seat with two belts, if you get what I mean

You'd have to go for an ST2 but I don't think they ever came in leather did they?

I would suggest it's time to start thinking about who that 5th person might be and tell them they need to start getting taxis!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your speedy replies!

I thought that would be the answer, nevermind

I think I'll go for the ST3 and sod the 5th person

·
Registered
59 Posts
have an st3 and didnt actually know it was a 4 seater! iv had the car nearly 2 years and can count on 1 hand the amount off times iv needed an extra seatbelt so if you want leather heated seats go for the st3 and if you want to worry about on the off chance yo might need 3 people in the back off your car buy an st2 or 1 simples;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts