Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK3.5 Stealth Grey ST
147 Posts
The rear torque mount ? It's needed in my opinion, it's helped smooth the gear change on mine same with the mk2 , very little extra vibration, I have the Graham Goode one but reckon they're probably all the same.

·
Premium Member
Mk3 ST305
190 Posts
For what it's worth I consider the roll restrictor / torque mount / rear motor mount (call it what you will) to be a must have item. Especially after a few years, once the OEM mount has gone soggy. Under hard acceleration the engine can bang on the bulkhead otherwise. It was one of the first things I did to mine, along with an ATB Diff upgrade before embarking on any engine performance mods. There's very little point having a car that's quick, but struggles to make it through the twisty bits. Powerflex do an insert for the OEM mount, or just replace the whole mount e.g. with an Airtec item (which are good value) as it's the same amount of work to install. Personally I didn't notice any increase in NVH, plus I've had the balance shaft removed too (which I would recommend). As mentioned above the gear changes seem slicker, but I've also replaced the squidgy OEM gear linkage bushes for billet aluminium items (major improvement to shift accuracy).

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,773 Posts
On my old mk2, I had the powerflex inserts, which were excellent, there was no vibration and it helped to reduce wheel hop and torque steer, I will be doing the same thing with my mk3 at some point soon.

·
Premium Member
Steve Mk3.5 MP/275
791 Posts
I got the mountune V2 one fitted, makes a huge difference and very little increase in NVH.

Which ever you get make sure you fit it the right way around as some only fit correctly one way.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For what it's worth I consider the roll restrictor / torque mount / rear motor mount (call it what you will) to be a must have item. Especially after a few years, once the OEM mount has gone soggy. Under hard acceleration the engine can bang on the bulkhead otherwise. It was one of the first things I did to mine, along with an ATB Diff upgrade before embarking on any engine performance mods. There's very little point having a car that's quick, but struggles to make it through the twisty bits. Powerflex do an insert for the OEM mount, or just replace the whole mount e.g. with an Airtec item (which are good value) as it's the same amount of work to install. Personally I didn't notice any increase in NVH, plus I've had the balance shaft removed too (which I would recommend). As mentioned above the gear changes seem slicker, but I've also replaced the squidgy OEM gear linkage bushes for billet aluminium items (major improvement to shift accuracy).
Hi

Anyone have a link to where I can get a good quality small bush for the rmm bracket to gearbox?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts