Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Iv just joined the forum (but also member of focusowners!) Lookin at gettin an orange ST3 as my next car afta fallin in love wit the car nearly 2yrs ago wen test drivin one for my rents new car!!

As my ins is up in apr and will av 2yrs no claims and can afford ins on an st.

It mite be a stupid quest, but how much shud i be lookin pay for an st3 in orange. Cant afford an 08 yet (as only jus graduated), but was thinkin around a 2007 plate with average mileage.

Will be lookin at full exhaust system, induction kit, remap and coilovers as my mods when i get it. Doesnt matter if it comes with any of these (wud prefer coilovers on wen i buy it).

Prices seem to av gone up since last year
. Saw a PB one with 6k miles on 07 plate in apr 08 for jus under £10k from garage!!

Any input wud help

Matt

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(hineyho87 @ 27 Dec 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,

Iv just joined the forum (but also member of focusowners!) Lookin at gettin an orange ST3 as my next car afta fallin in love wit the car nearly 2yrs ago wen test drivin one for my rents new car!!

As my ins is up in apr and will av 2yrs no claims and can afford ins on an st.

It mite be a stupid quest, but how much shud i be lookin pay for an st3 in orange. Cant afford an 08 yet (as only jus graduated), but was thinkin around a 2007 plate with average mileage.

Will be lookin at full exhaust system, induction kit, remap and coilovers as my mods when i get it. Doesnt matter if it comes with any of these (wud prefer coilovers on wen i buy it).

Prices seem to av gone up since last year
. Saw a PB one with 6k miles on 07 plate in apr 08 for jus under £10k from garage!!

Any input wud help

Matt

hi, not sure on a ST3 but in March this yr i aquired my ST2 from Ford with 15k on for under 11K.However just checked on parkers and they would be selling it at roughly 14k now! Whereabouts in Stoke are you? You will find some well priced
's on pistonheads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(np247921 @ 27 Dec 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi, not sure on a ST3 but in March this yr i aquired my ST2 from Ford with 15k on for under 11K.However just checked on parkers and they would be selling it at roughly 14k now! Whereabouts in Stoke are you? You will find some well priced
's on pistonheads.

Tell me about it. They seem to have gone up the last few years. I keep having a look on Pistonheads every now and then, but not desperate as iv got a mk1 focus at moment. I live near leek if you know where that is? Where abouts are you?

QUOTE(Millwall_Paul @ 27 Dec 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Theres a red 07
3 for sale at dealership near me up for £13500 with 23000 on the clock. Link Gives you an idea on price's

Cheers mate, i appreciate this. When i get idea of price i can then decide on plate of car. Its one of those things where you think for an extra bit of money you can go newer lol then you end up not been able afford.

I quite like the white one as its bit like one my m8s just got. Lucky boy is in army so its registered in germany and he got it loads cheaper

Least iv got bit of idea now

QUOTE(np247921 @ 27 Dec 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1394152.htm

Very nice m8! Just need keep lookin around to see what difference prices are with other mods i want, will save me bit of money even though i like adding the bits myself. I cant win lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(np247921 @ 27 Dec 2009, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>im in burslem, i had originally budgeted more money so it meant i could spend the "leftovers" on the mods
I hope you have deep pockets

Nope
. Iv got money from what iv saved from workin part time etc, lookin for full time job now iv graduated but cant wait til i find one.

Just thought if i got a ST3 it would have good standard power and all the extras, then could start moddin after. If i find i car i really want with everythin i want will go for it and think of consequences after

Is there many meets on this forum locally?

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(hineyho87 @ 27 Dec 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nope
. Iv got money from what iv saved from workin part time etc, lookin for full time job now iv graduated but cant wait til i find one.

Just thought if i got a ST3 it would have good standard power and all the extras, then could start moddin after. If i find i car i really want with everythin i want will go for it and think of consequences after

Is there many meets on this forum locally?

All the
range have the SAME standard power! Their are half a dozen of us in the stoke/staffordshire region but we never managed the meet a few weeks ago due to various reasons. However, im more than sure we can arrange one in the new yr
keep an eye out in the regional forum area!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(np247921 @ 27 Dec 2009, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All the
range have the SAME standard power! Their are half a dozen of us in the stoke/staffordshire region but we never managed the meet a few weeks ago due to various reasons. However, im more than sure we can arrange one in the new yr

Sorry i meant to other cars, like my mk1 focus lol. I jus like the full leather recaros etc in the st3

Well if i get sorted with an
, will properly introduce meself and come along to some meets. The ones on the focusowners are all 30/40+ miles away one way, think im only one from stoke on there lol

Matt

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(hineyho87 @ 27 Dec 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry i meant to other cars, like my mk1 focus lol. I jus like the full leather recaros etc in the st3

Well if i get sorted with an
, will properly introduce meself and come along to some meets. The ones on the focusowners are all 30/40+ miles away one way, think im only one from stoke on there lol

Matt

Soon as you get it, get some pics up and we'll have a get together! do you work in leek then?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(np247921 @ 27 Dec 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Soon as you get it, get some pics up and we'll have a get together! do you work in leek then?

Will do. Yea work at Britannia, like the rest of leek lol. Only work part time though. Lookin for new full time job now that will help fund my

1 - 14 of 14 Posts