Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, apart from the esp system failure, after reading different problems on here i have just done the self test on the car,. It came up with 2 Dtc codes, first was D900 and second was E510...I have looked at the codes on here but they start with different letters and dont have a D900...Can anyone shed a little light on the codes....Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 31 Jan 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How do you do this??

Press the reset/computer button and keep it pressed, turn your ign on but dont start the car, keep your finger pressed in until you see the word test come up, then release the finger then use the toggle thing to cycle through the tests....

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(wolfy001 @ 31 Jan 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Press the reset/computer button and keep it pressed, turn your ign on but dont start the car, keep your finger pressed in until you see the word test come up, then release the finger then use the toggle thing to cycle through the tests....

Thankyou wolfy
, I'm going to do mine now, just for the hell of it!

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(wolfy001 @ 31 Jan 2010, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, apart from the esp system failure, after reading different problems on here i have just done the self test on the car,. It came up with 2 Dtc codes, first was D900 and second was E510...I have looked at the codes on here but they start with different letters and dont have a D900...Can anyone shed a little light on the codes....Thanks

These arent DTC codes! DTC codes are always 5 characters long! The general consensus of opinion seems to be that they are glitches! The other thing they could be are misreadings! Were they displayed in the DTC part of the self test or did they come up as you scrolled through the full thing?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 31 Jan 2010, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These arent DTC codes! DTC codes are always 5 characters long! The general consensus of opinion seems to be that they are glitches! The other thing they could be are misreadings! Were they displayed in the DTC part of the self test or did they come up as you scrolled through the full thing?

Hi, yes they were displayed in the dtc part of the test flashing up one after another

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(wolfy001 @ 1 Feb 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, yes they were displayed in the dtc part of the test flashing up one after another

I would clear them then see if they came back! As i said all the info i could find pointed at them being glitches rather than real error codes!

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
E510 and D900 are Ford specific (communication & voltage related) DTC codes rather than generic ones - we sometime see these after uploading software or if the battery has been disconnected for some reason.

Do not worry about them - they will disappear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts