Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday night got a puncture and that daft repair kit couldnt inflate a rubber doll.
Had to call out the AA man - who told me he has only seen it work twice before.They are utter
!!

So from now on i,m going to buy run flat tyres-any one know some good ones?.........................

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
You could get the spare, its about £130 from ford... or there are usually used ones kicking about on here for about £50.

There is a post somewhere with all the pricing and finnis codes you need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
problem with that is my boot is full every day with my tools so there isn't any room left.Thats why i didn't fit in a sub.

It must have been a money saving plot by Ford to do away with it.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Lots of cars don't have a spare or spacesaver now. The repair kits are useless if a sidewall gets damaged too.

Just cost cutting really.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Buy an ST alloy and stick a tyre on it and keep it in your house, the AA will take you home and change it over for you.

Maybe that defeats the purpose though, I don't know anything about runflats sooo

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I used the inflation thingy to sort out my tyres the other day, were running a bit low and used it to pump them up, had no problems at all.

·
Registered
323 Posts
You'll regret fitting runflats - cost a lot and as the sidewalls are so stiff the ride will be very harsh and the handling will also suffer

had them on a mini cooper years ago and changed them to "proper" tyres as soon as i could

·
Registered
237 Posts
I`d look at getting another proper alloy and tyre - ok granted may fill up the boot more than you want but can be a right PITA if you have brake upgrades (and a spacesaver) and you get a flat on the front.

Spacesavers are all very well and good but doing captain slow speeds just isnt on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Runflats should only be fitted to a car that has runflats already.

This is because the suspension must be designed to be softer to allow for the harder sidewall. And a tyre pressure monitoring system must be fitted, otherwise you'd never know if you had a puncture or not! Runflats are an awful invention that ruins the ride and handling of cars. Any tyre dealer that fits runflats to a non-runflat car should be shot, these are potentially dangerous.

Ok rant over!!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Sadly replacing spare wheels or spacesavers with puncture-goo kits are seen as excellent cost saving ideas by car manufacturers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts