Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

Im Dave. Ive been a member on the forums for a while now just having a nosey now and then because of my interest in the focus ST. But i thaught it was about time i made my first post and introduce myself as today i finaly went for it and put a deposit down on a 2008 Sea Grey ST2!!

Pick it up next weekend so ive got a week of waiting to do
I just hope this week flys so i can get the car! I cant tell you all how excited i am!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your welcomes guys! Is Sea Grey really that rare? I think it will look awesome once ive given it a massive polish and wax.......... after ive taken it for a blast first though!

Just a quick question the guy at the garage whos selling me the car said that it only comes with one key fob and thats it, not even a normal key. is this correct? I found a post on here and alot of people say they atleast got 2 fobs and a key. Im just a bit worried because if i loose my one and only fob what the hell am i gunna do!!

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(Davew88 @ 30 Jan 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for all your welcomes guys! Is Sea Grey really that rare? I think it will look awesome once ive given it a massive polish and wax.......... after ive taken it for a blast first though!

Just a quick question the guy at the garage whos selling me the car said that it only comes with one key fob and thats it, not even a normal key. is this correct? I found a post on here and alot of people say they atleast got 2 fobs and a key. Im just a bit worried because if i loose my one and only fob what the hell am i gunna do!!

Cheers, Dave

Mines an 08 too and i got two fobs (with the internal bonnet key), and a proper key. I'd get onto them on Monday and demand new ones be sorted out. They aint gonna want to lose a sale over a new key.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys thats put my mind to rest a bit. I think i will get on to them Monday and have a word. Otherwise im gunna have to gard my one and only fob with my life!!

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
QUOTE(Davew88 @ 30 Jan 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks guys thats put my mind to rest a bit. I think i will get on to them Monday and have a word. Otherwise im gunna have to gard my one and only fob with my life!!

I would make a call to your local Ford dealer and ask them how much it will cost you for an additional fob, and also what the cost would be if you lost the one and only one if you accept that. It may have a baring on your discussion with the garage selling you the car.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(Davew88 @ 30 Jan 2010, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks guys thats put my mind to rest a bit. I think i will get on to them Monday and have a word. Otherwise im gunna have to gard my one and only fob with my life!!

Go in with the attitude of cancelling if you dont get the keys, even if you wouldnt ever do it!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The sales guy said it was like £300 for a new fob!!!!
After you guys have said i should have atleast 2 fobs it kinda makes me think hes having me on just so id buy another fob. I will defo be having a grumble on Monday!

Thanks Bobster200, its funny you should say you nearly went for the grey because if i hadnt have gone for it i would be getting red!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts