Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
So after someone decided that using thier mirrors or indicator was too much work i am now minus one FL st2.
Insurance should come in at about £9k sooo do i get another one or not?

ST Pros:
Looks
Sound
Pace
Comfort

Cons:
Handling - It just felt a bit nose heavy at times especially in sharp bends
Fuel......

Other options are 123d (yes i know...),a4 3.0tdi quatro, or a pre fl and either pocket the cash or sink it into car toys.
Open to new ideas though

Let the debate begin

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
It's a difficult thing choosing which vehicle.

I love my ST to bits but if it were written off I would probably get a Forester 2.5 turbo as it would suit where I live better. I used to live in Sydney and the ST was fine there, but moving away meant compromises as the roads are rugged.

It all depends on your situation. If you got another ST cheap and already part modded it could be financially viable and certainly fun again, but there are certainly many other fun cars to own. I think in the UK you would be spoilt for choice compared to us in Oz.

·
Registered
301 Posts
the audi 3.0 tdi surprisingly generates a really nice sound especially when a new exhaust has been fitted.

It really is what you're looking for but I wouldn't get another ST, just try something different. The ST is getting to the stage where anyone can buy one and the image isn't that "high end" any more.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
I didn't think the ST "image" ever was high end?

It is a Ford after all.

I got mine because I wanted it, despite it being a Ford. Service is rubbish here in Oz and buying one was a risk lol......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I loved the ST when it came out but being a student couldnt get close to affording one. And glad i got one later as i really do love it, but yeah there are some great cars about so ideas please

Oh and make that £9k.
Still quite medicated

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
As above ...if your 1st thought isnt to replace your ST, then maybe test drive a few others ...you'll soon know if you miss the ST after driving a few other models.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lost the one i was after today
too far to get to in time and was beaten to it. A 08 white mountune with factory tints and factory black wheels for 9500. only 29k on the clock too. im gutted but at least i have a hire car coming soon so no more taxis (see rant thread)

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I think about this sometimes if anything happened to my car what would I do.

The answer is always I'd get another Mk 2 ST.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts