Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE(Jimmy @ 29 Dec 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not something I would buy....

I would rather buy new plates and fit them with strong double sided tape so no need for drilling holes then

I too was in the predicament about whether to fit new surrounds on my new reg, however i like the way the plate sits flush on the front so i opted for no nails tape and no surrounds! would still like to see how they look if you buy them though!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
QUOTE(Glenster @ 30 Dec 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>might just get one for the back as like np247921 i like the flush fitting on the front.

I agree these would look good on the back of the car but not the front

·
Registered
659 Posts
when i removed my rear plate i only had a screw fixing in the middle so my plate never sat flush to the bodywork at either side ( you could get your fingers ride behind it), so this time i taped only the sides to make it sit flush....how would this work with a surround, unless you could fix it at either side of the plate it would never sit flush, another reason why i decided against one as i didnt want be drilling holes everywhere!! Also, my parents have both previously had surrounds which after a while have started to deterioate and the paint flake off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts