Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be an ST owner for the first time when I pick up my ST3 Estate this Sunday.

I only called into the garage to get some warranty work done on my Leon FR and came out with the ST for me and a new Fiesta for the wife! lol

We've just had our second child and found a bigger car was needed to fit everything in. At least with the estate even when the pushchair is in the boot there's still room for the shopping.

I'm getting the Demo car which is 4 month old with 4k on the clock.

Looking forward to picking it up but I'm going have to learn how to drive properly again instead of driving everywhere in 5/6th gear @ 1000rpm like in the TDI FR, Taxi driver style. lol

Here's a pic

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/117/379615820003629.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great looking car, id like to know what u got it for out of interest... Not that im gonna get 1.. I dont think.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
£21,500 which I think/hope is a good deal

The wife has traded her 60 plate Fiesta Titanium for a brand new Fiesta Style. The lower payments on the new Fiesta has enabled me to pay more a month and get the ST. So all together our monthly car payments has only gone up by £12.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers guys.

Picked the car up today, great weather for it! lol

Just trying to find the best solution for attaching my iPhone to the dashboard so it's easy to see when I use the Sat Nav app. I've always been a big fan of the Brodit mounts but not sure on the location of the Focus mounts. Also considering those little Tetrax magnets.

Oh, and first mod will be to remove the bright yellow Arnold Clark sticker! :)

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Hehe - I specified to the dealer no stickers on my car, can't be doing with them when the corners start peeling and then you have to take them off and deal with all the sticky. Not sure where you'd mount your iPhone, I'm sure others must have done it somehow. I just put my phone in the armrest as I have the built-in satnav.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Cheers guys.

Also considering those little Tetrax magnets.
I've got these magnets in my mk2
and they are a great for what I need, the only thing I'd say that I didn't know about them until they turned up is that you need to stick a supplied domed bit off metal on the back off your phone, not a problem for me as I have a case but some might not like doing this

You can see the domed bits here
(i have 2 as i'm greedy)

They also do a vent mount one so you don't have to stick the magnet to your dash... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tetrax-GEO-Dark-Steel-In-Car-Dashboard-Vent-Magnetic-Phone-GPS-Holder-Mount-/150943571546?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2324f01e5a

1 - 20 of 25 Posts