Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I hope someone can shed some light on this for me or is this a standard thing I park my car up at work and she
stays there all day , come home time the front and rear screens are misted up it takes about a few minutes to demist,
the funny thing is that it is parked next to 1.6 zetec focus that doesn't do this so has any one else have or had this problem and if so what did they do ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
QUOTE(david_txr @ 4 Nov 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>None of my other cars have misted up as bad as this seems to do

My old car started to mist up pretty bad after i steam cleaned it, could be that.

But its probably something more simple like, on a cold morning your both driving to work with the heating blasting- meaning when you get to work theres a lot of hot air left in the car, which will condense against the windows as it cools down. Same if on a hot day you've got the air con then suddenly leave the car.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My ST does this too. All my other cars never did this. My windows are squeaky clean inside and out, I've got a OCD about clean windows, so their not dirty.

I've checked my boot to see if I've got leaks, but all is ok there, + put paint around the boot hinge area just to make sure.

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
It could be moisture in the aircon, if you use it to demist your car the moisture can stay trapped inside. Open all your windows and it should dry out.
The other thing to do is check for water leaking into the tailgate, loads leaked and ford fixed them by re-sealing the gap above the hatch hinges. The other thing to check is the gromit beneath the rear light, it can crack and allow water into the boot.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have the same problem, have never had it on any other car. I don't like using the air con, but sometimes I am forced to as it is the only way the windows don't mist up as I am driving along. I have tried treating the inside with Rain X interior glass wipes but that doesn't work either.
Would love to know the answer as it is really annoying and disappointing for a new car.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hmm, I never ever use air con, and I've sealed the boot hinges. I need to check the rear lamp grommets, as it could be that. Although I feel no dampness in the boot area or on the foam bits behind the plastic panels.

·
Registered
720 Posts
QUOTE(ST225 @ 4 Nov 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Could be a clogged pollen filter, did this on my MK1 focus and it cured it.
This could be part of your problem. A clogged filter will decrease the amount of fresh air coming in.

Using air-con removes the moisture from the air, but if you are only doing short journeys this may not get chance to get fully up to speed.
Try cracking window open slightly on short journeys. Will allow some of the moist hot air to escape.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My car is a September 2008 and has only just covered 6000 miles, so I would be suprised if the pollen filter is the problem. Unless the intake under the bonnet is blocked by leaves etc. I may check that, anyone know where it is?
Only thing is though, my car cas done it more or less from new, as the damp weather started a couple of months after I picked it up.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.