Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've decided I want to get a lower torque mount on the car as I'm told engine movement in lower gears will be reduced

Do I want to go for Elevate/Vibratechnics/GGR mount or just get the yellow Powerflex insert? I know which one my bank balance would prefer

TIA

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,078 Posts
The other option Rob is the standard RS one......i have the vibratechnic's one , and you do get some vibtation transmission into the car , but i soon got used to it !! and it's been fine for nearly 3 years...

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
The other option Rob is the standard RS one......i have the vibratechnic's one , and you do get some vibtation transmission into the car , but i soon got used to it !! and it's been fine for nearly 3 years...
We have the standard RS one with the Powerflex insert and bush! No vibration at all!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have the standard RS one with the Powerflex insert and bush! No vibration at all!
Cheers Andy, I read in another thread the facelift ST and RS torque mounts are the same? Obviously feel free to correct me as it was just what I was reading

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I was looking at the Vibratechnics one as it is easier on the wallet around the christmas period
, the prices really do vary though, seen the Elevate for upto £150! Double the Vibra one
Cheers mate, that is an option

Cheers Rowe, I have heard this, I'm just wondering if I'm going to get the desired effect from just fitting the Powerflex or if I need to fo the whole hog and replace it completely?

Cheers Andy, I read in another thread the facelift ST and RS torque mounts are the same? Obviously feel free to correct me as it was just what I was reading
http://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/7284/2591/vibra_technics_lower_engine_torque_link___ford_focus_st

Jw is the cheapest place, i got mine next day too! I can only comment on the Vibra because thats the only one i have. My car was fitted with the facelift mount as standard (which is meant to be harder) but it still felt 'slack'
the vibra one really is rough on my car, especially when its on idle and the AC kicks in. It was doing my nut in when i had people in the car. Only had it one for a week. I'll get round to fitting it again at some point as everyone reckons they get a little bit softer after a few weeks

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Ive recently changed from the vibra t/mount to the elevate version and the difference is like night and day, no vibration even when new but still the positive gear changes.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just a random thought - what are the chances of just filling the air gap with silicone sealant doing the same job as the inserts?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Buy the right stuff and it will. It's only polyurethane at the end of the day.
Indeed, it's a question of how resistant the insert needs to be. I have no idea, having not seen one. Maybe something like two-part epoxy putty is closer to the consistency of the inserts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts