Ford Focus ST Forum banner

St Has Arrived

2K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Tippex ST 
#1 ·
Well we got the call today that the ST has arrived, however we were told that it has been delivered with the standard wheels but they are black!

Now this isn't a problem as we had ordered Electric White and one of the first things on the to do list was to find a set of black wheels for it.

The salesman has never seen one come in before with black wheels and couldn't see that it was an option or that the Electric White cars come with black wheels and there is nothing in the brochure.

Anyone seen them before???

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Now I have a dilema.

We ordered the car in October which then the privacy glass and DEATC were options and now come as standard.

Price is still cheaper BUT I understand Ford have had a price hike as of 1st December and we are only around £300 cheaper than the new specs.

we got a good discount but just wondering should we re negociate as certai extras are now standard features?

however i also think that the auto wipers/headlights/rear view diming etc were options which are now standard and also the key free system which is definitely on the car

#5 ·
I think you should ask them to throw a set of
wheels in black into the deal. im not a fan of them wheels. sorry
car looks sweet though mate.

i think you should try and negotiate. they would have known about the 2010 standard features. theyve been floating around on this baord for a few months now. if in doubt call the manager out.

#7 ·
I just picked up mines last week with the black wheels, check "First Pics" thread in the photoshop section. Dealer only told me about this when I questioned it and he took the price of privacy glass off.

Mines is an ST2 so DEATC doesnt come into it.

#8 ·
Nice car, great with the black alloys imo

I had all the same problems, 2 seperate dealers were not aware of the 2010.25 spec changes, then one found them, I made sure that they were all listed on my order as I want the black alloys with the Electric White, and wanted to make sure all the new spec is on my car when delivered.

I have posted all the 2010.25 new spec on a seperate thread,

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looks very nice indeed fella.

Have had a chat with the dealer this morning about taking off the price of the Privacy Glass and DEATC so will wait and see but see how we can be charged for something that is now a standard feature.

Theres hope as your dealer did the right thing.

Just pleased I registered here otherwise we wouldn't have known any different and cheers for posting the spec list, much appreicated.

The pics don't do it justice, it really does look the nuts in the flesh :)

#11 ·
MMMM initial response from dealer is that we are still cheaper than the new price hike but I think he is missing the point.

We ordered in October and cars that went into prodduction in November were new spec PRE price hike, so surely they should be responsible and reduce the price on the car to refelct this???

Have left a message to call back and see where we end up but won't be happy if the Privacy Glass and DEATC are not taken off the price

#12 ·
it scares me when salesmen dont know about what they are selling.

When i went to look at my ST i wanted to look under the bonnet and the salesman said "yeah theres a catch in the passenger footwell mate" and i was like.. er.. i dont think so! and when i showed him how to open the bonnet he said "i wont say anything else then, you know more about this than i do"

#13 ·
Tell them you ordered a car and agreed price included optional extras, the car now doe snot have the optional extras as standard, if they will not knock the 'extra' cost off you will leave the car then and have a look at a renault 250 ect, they will not like that and then start to be more 'reasonable'

#14 ·
Agreed. Companys respond better with threats LOL. Sad but true.

Surely stautory rights come into this as youve been charged extra for something that now comes as standard??? theyve misled you. no excuses they are ford salesmen THEY SHOULD KNOW.

ask if they will provide free v-power fuel for a year?

#15 ·
I am due to collect my ST3 on Wed/Thu of this week. I now assume that it will come with the black alloys?? The sales gadgy said nothing about these alloys when I bought the motor. Not sure at the minute if I want black or standard, considering I have gone for performance blue I think I would rather the standards. I'll have to go and see him tomorrow.

#17 ·
QUOTE(Luton-Reza @ 20 Dec 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am due to collect my ST3 on Wed/Thu of this week. I now assume that it will come with the black alloys?? The sales gadgy said nothing about these alloys when I bought the motor. Not sure at the minute if I want black or standard, considering I have gone for performance blue I think I would rather the standards. I'll have to go and see him tomorrow.

if its brand new theres a possibility that it will have black wheels, id rather have silver!

#22 ·
QUOTE(Kiteboydave @ 21 Dec 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you spec any of the now standard features at all???

Went to the showroom yesterday and the manager and salesman were off so need to get in there either later today or tomorrow.

No I didn't, I did not pay for the dual a/c thing (but we get that now?), he did say something about privacy glass being included. I am astonished they are not aware of these updates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.