Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know all the common ST faults? As iv had a few already and feel with my luck theres more to come.
Iv had the following:

Alternator Failure,
Burst Oil Filter Housing Diaphragm,
Iv the knocking from the rear passanger suspension at the moment but yet to find the cause(any ideas welcome), few poeple have mentioned the top mount!

Does anybody else feel there constantly repairing/maintaining ther ST?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shes over 43000 at the moment but the alternatior went first just over 30k and the oil filther not too long after! Im about to invest the cash to get her mint again but just hope nothing else pops up in the mean time. RS plugs arrive Tue and im going to do the break fluid too, and get the rear bushings sorted.

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE(pok @ 8 Nov 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Shes over 43000 at the moment but the alternatior went first just over 30k and the oil filther not too long after! Im about to invest the cash to get her mint again but just hope nothing else pops up in the mean time. RS plugs arrive Tue and im going to do the break fluid too, and get the rear bushings sorted.

Hi Mate, I have the same knocking from the rear passenger suspension. Any luck finding out what it is? I took mine to Ford today and they deny anything is wrong so taking it to another dealer on Thurs.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts