Ford Focus ST Forum banner

St Dead :(

637 Views 21 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Phil
Driving home tonight the slight ticking from the passenger side got a hell of a lot worse and started to scream and sound like a constant scraping, it was almost like something was dragging on the ground but it wasnt. Noise went away when clutch was engaged so god knows what it is.
Best thing is ford two months ago said to wait until the noise got worse before they could do anything, now its undrivable and they cant fit it in for two weeks, what can I do? I need a car to get to work.

Do I call them in the morning and get them to bring a lorry to pick it up and get me courtesy car or is that just wishful thinking. Its in warranty for another 5 months and if they had listened to me 2 months ago and fixed the noise then this wouldnt have happened

Anyone help me please?
See less See more
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
i'm sure somone on here will give you a better idea but it could be the cv joints?
i doubt it will be the cv joints as he has stated the noise went away when clutch pedal was depressed ,could be the clutch bearing itself as friend had the same thing a while ago ,just lucky your still in warrantie as you know what frauds are like theyl try and wrigle out if they can .
keep us posted matey hope all turns out ok for you though
Diagnosis was gearbox failure, but get this the dealer caffyns in haslemere hasnt got the tools or training to strip the gearbox, the service manager said her tried to get ford to allow him to order in a new box and just fit it, but they wont let him. So it has to go to inchcape in Guildford and they have no courtesy cars for me and cant look at it until the 10th, so I have no car, Ford dont give a stuff and I cant get to work. This is shocking!!! the guys at Caffyns were great and gave me a fiesta for a day but inchcape dont give a stuff and ford customer care didnt either, I give up!!!
well
i dont use fords toilet let a loan anything else had some bad dealings with them and the warranty ant worth the paper its written on
if i was in your position i would find another warranty aproved garage to deal with it (not fords)

just my opinion
See less See more
I've had a gearbox failure too.. sounded like whining / scraping in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Gearbox was replaced under warranty.
QUOTE(MrMoonX @ 5 Nov 2009, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Diagnosis was gearbox failure, but get this the dealer caffyns in haslemere hasnt got the tools or training to strip the gearbox, the service manager said her tried to get ford to allow him to order in a new box and just fit it, but they wont let him. So it has to go to inchcape in Guildford and they have no courtesy cars for me and cant look at it until the 10th, so I have no car, Ford dont give a stuff and I cant get to work. This is shocking!!! the guys at Caffyns were great and gave me a fiesta for a day but inchcape dont give a stuff and ford customer care didnt either, I give up!!!

Have you tried ringing ford customer services yourself? surely they can at least sort a car for when its being worked on?
tried ford so called customer care, had the same attitude our warranty doesnt cover giving you a car while yours is broken, im gonna be writing some snotty letters once its fixed
QUOTE(MrMoonX @ 6 Nov 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>tried ford so called customer care, had the same attitude our warranty doesnt cover giving you a car while yours is broken, im gonna be writing some snotty letters once its fixed

I must have just been lucky then as i have always had a courtesy car with any warranty work?
thats typical of some ford stealers.
this is the first time i have heard of gear box failure on an st 225 standard or running with mods i can remember a post by Gary at profile auto saying that he has not known of gear box failure on the
st 225 as of date if it is the gear box
all these people with gearbox failure how hard do you drive your car?

and do you consistently check the bottom mount? there are two bolts and even if one of them falls out the box can move all over the place as well as the engine itself. Not good

the standard mount is a POS
hello mate. This is unacceptable ford should be sorting you out a car as yours is in warranty. i'd definately write some letters as the trade descriptions act says they should cheers
mine is standard, no mods or anything even im surprised the gearbox has gone, still nothing from the stealer, might just sell up and get a derv
QUOTE(maniac747 @ 7 Nov 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>all these people with gearbox failure how hard do you drive your car?

and do you consistently check the bottom mount? there are two bolts and even if one of them falls out the box can move all over the place as well as the engine itself. Not good

the standard mount is a POS

I don't drive minw hard, but I am the 2nd owner.

QUOTE(MrMoonX @ 8 Nov 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mine is standard, no mods or anything even im surprised the gearbox has gone, still nothing from the stealer, might just sell up and get a derv

When mine went I had been warned about getting a courtesy car off ford. Took the car down on a busy saturday on the back of a recovery truck and a few stern words with the service manager resulted in a hire car a few days later.
update: Well inchcape in Guildford have reached a new low, called them yesterday they said oh we noticed the seal on the windscreen was creating noise so we fixed that and will look at the gearbox tomoz, FFS!!!! they said they heard it on the test drive, how did they do that with a knackered gearbox and only 4th.
anyway just got off the phone and the guy was like ford have authorised a whole new gearbox and it should be here tomorrow or friday, I was like look I need my car for the weekend, then he said well it is coming from Daventry like its the otherside of the globe!!, I could go there tonight and get it IDIOT!!!.
So im stuck with no car now probably until next week cos god knows how long it takes them to fit the gearbox!!!
go down there and make a pain of yourself ,just tell all there customers who enter how
they are ,theyl soon sort u courtesey car out ,just sit there a refuse to move untill you get a car matey ,seen it done and it worked !!
See less See more
I will do if they havnt fixed it by friday as I only work until 12:30 lol
well well well, todays news, gearbox is on back order and they dont know when they will have one, and can only give me a courtesy car a week on monday if its still outstanding, Im about ready to kill someone
QUOTE(MrMoonX @ 12 Nov 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well well well, todays news, gearbox is on back order and they dont know when they will have one, and can only give me a courtesy car a week on monday if its still outstanding, Im about ready to kill someone

Yep, unfortunately you get what you pay for in this world. I know its a
but its true. Ive had Audis up until now, and never had any trouble with courtesy cars, maximum i would wait was 1-2 days and even then I would get a brand new S-Line or similar, and the good old "yes Mr *****, anything else we can do for you?". Car gets a full wash, hoover and wax free of charge and a nice box of Audi boiled sweets, which were actually really nice.

Go to Ford and I got a
Ka with a knackered radio and a wheel bearing which sounded like if was made of cement. Car went back in 3 weeks later for another fault...... yep the same
Ka with the same faults

Went to another Ford dealer, waited 1 week for courtesy car and got a W reg Focus with more miles than the enterprise and tyres which would have been more suited to a race team wanting that super slick look. Not good and not professional at all.

Ive been standing at the service desks of a few Ford dealerships since buying the ST, and listened to the way they talk to customers is a disgrace. This woman was taking to the fella like a piece of
, and all I could think was "talk to me like that and your all gonna get both barrels".
See less See more
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.