Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
gawd knows, looks like its been pressed in and slide backwards much like a door though.

Im sure sooner or later something is inevitable, just as we do actually care about our cars we notice straight away.

Bloke in bodyshop said to mrs., "uh oh your are in trouble, these cars are normally the pride and joy of the owners"

But hey after what happened its nothing
(NOTHING what you mean?
)

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Home now and all is ok, she is real stressed out about it and has booked the car into the bodyshop but the significance of the dent has been seriously played down!. But not too worried about that ill sort it sometime.

Seems only basic under damage like said previous but will have a proper look on the weekend.

She did report this debris banging around the motorway to some Police when she parked up, there was supposed of been a crash there earlier but sure that would of been cleaned up. Mind you with this wind anything is possible!

Can have a laugh about it now, goes to show how mental the motorway can be.

QUOTE"two spaces used "

Ok what the new strategy for car parks then, maybe some cones in the boot and get them out and put them around the car!

QUOTE(DeanST @ 24 Nov 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok what the new strategy for car parks then, maybe some cones in the boot and get them out and put them around the car!

Quite possibly!!

Wasn't having a pop matey - I know a lot of people that use two spaces for their cars in car parks, and there is no way in the world I am getting dragged into another debate about whether it's right or wrong!

Whilst our cars are our respective pride and joys, I guess we have to accept that if they are used "day-to-day" then they are going to pick up the odd dent/scrape/stone chip. It's just a sad fact of life in our world today.

Sure we can try and mitigate the likelihood of damage to a degree - but it is just that, i.e. mitigation.

Don't get me wrong - I would be JUST as livid as you are about a dent to my door. I guess we just have to keep things in perspective. If the car is used everyday, then we must accept the risks that go hand in glove with such usage.

My wife says I am too precious about Rambo - she may well be right. Doesn't stop me worrying about him in car parks though....

I do hope your wife and kiddy aren't too shaken up, and really hope that your door is fixed with the minimum of fuss!!

QUOTE(choccymonster @ 24 Nov 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite possibly!!

Wasn't having a pop matey - I know a lot of people that use two spaces for their cars in car parks, and there is no way in the world I am getting dragged into another debate about whether it's right or wrong!

No I didnt think you were mate
I havent read those debates either! (Mental note - check out debates
)

Mate Rambo or Panther are never going to be safe in a stupid car park!

QUOTEI do hope your wife and kiddy aren't too shaken up, and really hope that your door is fixed with the minimum of fuss!!

Thanks for all the good wishes here

QUOTESurely there is a possibility that this "debris" may have caused the other marks on the car?

Well she seen it coming straight at her, swerved to lane 2 but other car in it, then swerved back to lane 1 and came at the debris from more of a side angle. This makes it the same side but the damage is under the front of the bumper.
The the paint at the front lip and marking to the grill.

In all the fuss that happened, it scared her and her friend (discovered that her m8 was in car as well now!), and the baby its possible that they didnt see exactly how it hit. They then went to car park, told some police went to have coffee because of shock and noticed damage later on when they inspected car.

Debris then went into a lorry behind who had slowed down (luckily again) as had seen the situation happening. I guess it could of turned into a right accident.

Worst I ever seen Debris wise was a huge lorry wheel cover in Lane 2.

Is there any point in trying to discover if the cameras seen it, would you be able to claim that or something?

Hi Dean,

My wife and I had a simi,ar incident 8 years ago up in Scotland. Driving in lane to with a lorry a few hundred yards away in lane 1. Lorry burst a tyre which then shreds, breaks off a whopping big chunk of mudguard with attaching piece of metal tubing. Said piece comes bouncing into lane 2. We had nowhere to go as cars where in lanes 1 and 3.

Hit the chunk of metal and plastic which got caught under the car ripping out brake pipes and cracking the sump. All in over £2000 worth of damage.

Tried to claim off the lorry owners and didn't stand a chance.

You have to prove who is liable for the accident:

The lorry owner would say the tyre was fitted incorrectly, the tyre fitter would say the tyre manufacturer was at fault, the tyre manufacturer would say the lorry manufacturer was at fault for the badly designed mudguard...and on....and on...and on.

Solicitor said it would be nigh on impossible so we just let the insurance pay for the repairs.

Hope this helps.

Bernie

The police will not give a monkey's, the HA wll say they will only provide info to your insurer due to data protection act which is a load of rubish as you are entitled to the ino under section 35 that allows you access for portential legal action etc.

I know all this as something similar happened to my Elise in March, someone lost their load and caused a couple of lanes of the motorway to be closed, debri hit the Elise and went through the armourfend and scraped the paint, repait cost £4K+ (needs a full respray as paint can not be blended/faded).

The guy who lost his load is claiming he was not carrying anything I have sent them info from HA confirming the circumatances let wait and see if the thirdparty admits what happened or if I have to sue him.

Hope you get it sorted but I would not hold out much hope

Glad your other half and baby are ok. I had a similar thing the same day that I picked up my ST. Shredded tyre on M25 hit underside of car and made a hell of a noise. Turned out the radiator protector had broken, but done its job. Shook me and my wife up a bit. Ford quoted about £100 to replace. Hope you manage to get it all sorted.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Thanks all for the info

Phoned HA they said there is not a camera at that part of the motorway! So end of that I guess.

I will have to sort it myself, and I guess even if I had found the other vehicles insurance details its probably not worth bothering as I would of then "made a claim in the last 5 years" possibly increasing my insurance.

Not sure how much the cover is yet, hopefully not too pricey. I should hurry up as I could get a stone hitting the radiator and damaging the core of it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.