Ford Focus ST Forum banner

St Damage On Motorway

1K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  DeanST 

Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Glad everyone is safe and sound.

It sounds as though it's minimal damage - hope everything gets fixed OK.

Did you/your wife report the debris on the motorway to the Highways Agency/Police?

QUOTE(DeanST @ 24 Nov 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes she has swapped shifts as was in work tonight and doesnt want to drive on the motorway. Imagine the shock of it all has kicked in.

It is possible that the damage to the door was done in the last few days and I havent noticed but im not sure. The lacquer scratch looks sortable I could get that out with some polish but that dent. ST doorskins seem fairly strong at that point too. It looks like a full open door swing position and I did go to the Asdas saturday night, used 2 spaces but maybe someone had their door full open, not sure.
Bodyshop wants ÂŁ130 (some great older guys locally who do really good jobs), Fords ÂŁ250. He said he would have to do the full door.

The engine guard wheres a good place to get that, is it the same as usual focus?

What would they tell me?

Saturday night + VERY windy + Asda carpark + two spaces used = someone walking down the side of your car with a trolley and lost control......

Very annoying.

I hope you get it fixed OK.

QUOTE(DeanST @ 24 Nov 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok what the new strategy for car parks then, maybe some cones in the boot and get them out and put them around the car!

Quite possibly!!

Wasn't having a pop matey - I know a lot of people that use two spaces for their cars in car parks, and there is no way in the world I am getting dragged into another debate about whether it's right or wrong!

Whilst our cars are our respective pride and joys, I guess we have to accept that if they are used "day-to-day" then they are going to pick up the odd dent/scrape/stone chip. It's just a sad fact of life in our world today.

Sure we can try and mitigate the likelihood of damage to a degree - but it is just that, i.e. mitigation.

Don't get me wrong - I would be JUST as livid as you are about a dent to my door. I guess we just have to keep things in perspective. If the car is used everyday, then we must accept the risks that go hand in glove with such usage.

My wife says I am too precious about Rambo - she may well be right. Doesn't stop me worrying about him in car parks though....

I do hope your wife and kiddy aren't too shaken up, and really hope that your door is fixed with the minimum of fuss!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.