Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an unsettling phone call from the Mrs. She was really upset could hardly speak on about damage to my car. Obviously I was mainly concerned she was ok, but after she calmed down it turns out shes down Porthcawl (south wales) had gone down the M4 and a sheet of metal (much like a bonnet she says) came across the motorway was hit byanother car and then she had to swerve lots to avoid it hitting the windscreen. Then it went under the ST.
She parked up and said there is damage to some plastic piece underneath.

So assuming the engine/sump plastic cover and nothing more hopefully.

So long as she is ok
Think ill pop home dinner time to have a look, in the Fiesta today!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hope she is ok and that the damage, if any, is minimal. Your poor Wife must've had the shock of her life though.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Glad your Wife is ok, that must have been one hell of a scare, cars can be replaced, people can't. I hope that there is minimal damage to the
, keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Glad your other half is ok, must have scared the hell out of her! Hopefully the damaged plastic is just the under tray as they are cheap as chips and a doddle to replace!

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts

Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Glad everyone is safe and sound.

It sounds as though it's minimal damage - hope everything gets fixed OK.

Did you/your wife report the debris on the motorway to the Highways Agency/Police?

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
QUOTE(Bobster200 @ 24 Nov 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glad the Mrs is OK after all who`d cook your dinner?!

I hope your wife is OK, just keep an eye on her later, as the shock of what may have been might catch up with her.

Hope any damage to your
is minimal.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,452 Posts
Must have been quite frightening at the time but it seems as though the damage to your car is minimal.
Worth contacting the HA to see if they have any CCTV evidence.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Who is HA? If that has come off someone car then they are liable I guess?

Only damage on the ST is the under the engine guard, there is two of them, the outer one is damaged so that you easily put your hand up by the radiator it lots of plastic ripped off. It looks like its just attached by Torx bolts

Also my 3 years old baby was in the back seat, they are all ok.

Ok so that happens then she parks up down in Porthcawl comes back and noticed that some f
sucker has dinged the side door
what a f
ing morning!!

Ive had enough, everyone is ok though thats main thing.

Just wish id been their to smash their heads in
Real p'ed off

Attachments

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Your poor car isn't having that much luck today
Chin up fella, you and the family are OK and thats the main thing.

HA = Highways agency BTW

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Not been your day fella!

HA is the Highways Authority i think. they will have control of any cameras monitering the area.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I am glad your wife and kid are OK

They will probably a bit shaken all the same

Very annoying about the damage to the door,not a good day at all

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Jimmy @ 24 Nov 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am glad your wife and kid are OK

They will probably a bit shaken all the same

Very annoying about the damage to the door,not a good day at all

Yes she has swapped shifts as was in work tonight and doesnt want to drive on the motorway. Imagine the shock of it all has kicked in.

It is possible that the damage to the door was done in the last few days and I havent noticed but im not sure. The lacquer scratch looks sortable I could get that out with some polish but that dent. ST doorskins seem fairly strong at that point too. It looks like a full open door swing position and I did go to the Asdas saturday night, used 2 spaces but maybe someone had their door full open, not sure.
Bodyshop wants £130 (some great older guys locally who do really good jobs), Fords £250. He said he would have to do the full door.

The engine guard wheres a good place to get that, is it the same as usual focus?

QUOTEHA is the Highways Authority

What would they tell me?

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(DeanST @ 24 Nov 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes she has swapped shifts as was in work tonight and doesnt want to drive on the motorway. Imagine the shock of it all has kicked in.

It is possible that the damage to the door was done in the last few days and I havent noticed but im not sure. The lacquer scratch looks sortable I could get that out with some polish but that dent. ST doorskins seem fairly strong at that point too. It looks like a full open door swing position and I did go to the Asdas saturday night, used 2 spaces but maybe someone had their door full open, not sure.
Bodyshop wants £130 (some great older guys locally who do really good jobs), Fords £250. He said he would have to do the full door.

The engine guard wheres a good place to get that, is it the same as usual focus?

What would they tell me?

Saturday night + VERY windy + Asda carpark + two spaces used = someone walking down the side of your car with a trolley and lost control......

Very annoying.

I hope you get it fixed OK.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts