Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was looking into getting a new rs clutch and i was wondering whether you could sell a used st clutch and flywheel that i will be taking out.
it will have done 50000 miles...
any estimate prices?

·
Registered
418 Posts
my first clutch failed at 45k! so its probably worthless. i had to have another st one fitted as it was a warranty job tho

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
my first clutch failed at 45k! so its probably worthless. i had to have another st one fitted as it was a warranty job tho
I'd have asked them if I could pay the extra for the RS version. Actually, isn't the RS clutch cheaper anyway or has that changed since Ford's repricing?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yep, plus around 4 hours labour to fit it. I think Pumabuild are still the cheapest at £750 fully fitted.
Blimey I'd have to get the credit card out for that! Mines standard anyway so if the clutch did go I'd just get a standard one. What's the average lifespan for a clutch on these? Mines at 57k, only had it a few weeks though....

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Blimey I'd have to get the credit card out for that! Mines standard anyway so if the clutch did go I'd just get a standard one. What's the average lifespan for a clutch on these? Mines at 57k, only had it a few weeks though....
It's not often that they go on a stock car unless it's provoked I believe. I'm not certain, but I think the RS version used to be cheaper than the ST along with many other RS parts for some reason. The recent re-pricing might have upset that balance though.

How long you had the car mate? It really needs a remap

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,087 Posts
After the 2005/06 cars I wonder if Ford put a worse clutch in the ST deliberately as so many people were remapping and getting too to near RS performance ?

Did they think a) we'll make people wait for the RS, or b) we'll make money out of anyone who ups the power of their ST ?

I was lucky having a 2005 car that the clutch was great and handled up to 270bhp/330torq comfortably but it seems every ST from 2007 needs an RS clutch to cope with this power without slipping...

Ford or someone must be making a bomb.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts