Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

Just got some taillored Car Matts from Torque Steer and found a place in China that mass produced some iron on Patches for the Matts to make them a little more individual.

Anyway took about 5 minutes to sort out once everything arrived.

Thought I'd post up a photo so you can all have a look.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Liking them mate...... Very smart!

Have you got a link for the supplier of these badges?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
dont no if torquesteer have changed there matts ,but i had a set a couple of months ago and the drivers heel pad fell to pieces and came away at the seems .
Martin gave me a full refund on them after admitting they wer poor quality,always found martin to be a very fair man indeed.
id also done the same as you with the patches but used the ford logo and ST logo ,they looked quite nice untill they fell to pieces.
are those the iron on patches?
if so they wont stay on for long and i ended getting mine sewn on ,shame the matts fell to pieces after all the work with the patches etc etc ,hopefully yours will last longer than mine did .

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Those look great
- really smart and exactly what I'd want in my car

I just wish you could buy them ready made like that, I do enough ironing without having to iron badges onto mats

Can you post a link to the place in China that made the badges please

·
Regional Rep BFG
592 Posts
Those look great
- really smart and exactly what I'd want in my car

I just wish you could buy them ready made like that, I do enough ironing without having to iron badges onto mats

Can you post a link to the place in China that made the badges please
Very nice mate , looking smart as a carrot

Try these links for patches

ST Patch Ebay
Ford ST Patch

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys,

I've been looking to do this for a while and only just go round to it. The 1st link Marty26 posted (ST Patch Ebay) were the ones I bought if thats any further help to anyone looking to purchase.

To be honest I had a real hard time getting them to stick and had to go well beyond the recommended iron settings to get the sods to stick.

(side note: start off on the coolest setting and gradually get warmmer whilsts repeating the '1 minute iron with a pressing sheet' instruction that are provided until you dare not go any hotter. hottest setting will melt the matts but I found 3/4 heat got a good seal on mine)

Also I found that a couple of my patches didn't have anywhere near the same level of sticky stuff as the some of the others so I'd recommend ordering a set of around 8 to be sure.

Atleast you'll have spares.

Oh and one final note. IT was snowing when I started to iron these on so I used the layout on the torque steer website to make sure the matts were in the right place.

Beware THEY ARE LAYED OUT WRONG ON THE WEBSITE IMAGE!!! the two backseat matts are the wrong way round (and still are in my attached photo!)

Lucky for me the patch position worked just as welll when the matts were switched but I was kind of
off when I realised the mistake!

As for my torquee steer matts they seem to be holding up very well. will have to see if they pass the time test but so far they are standing up quite well to the heel beating. I just hope that glenboysst3's matts were a one off bad batch. Glad to here TS were happy to feed a refund without arguement. I've had awesome customer services from them with every dealing so far, not to mention some cracking deals!

·
Regional Rep BFG
592 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys,

I've been looking to do this for a while and only just go round to it. The 1st link Marty26 posted (ST Patch Ebay) were the ones I bought if thats any further help to anyone looking to purchase.

To be honest I had a real hard time getting them to stick and had to go well beyond the recommended iron settings to get the sods to stick.

(side note: start off on the coolest setting and gradually get warmmer whilsts repeating the '1 minute iron with a pressing sheet' instruction that are provided until you dare not go any hotter. hottest setting will melt the matts but I found 3/4 heat got a good seal on mine)

Also I found that a couple of my patches didn't have anywhere near the same level of sticky stuff as the some of the others so I'd recommend ordering a set of around 8 to be sure.

Atleast you'll have spares.

Oh and one final note. IT was snowing when I started to iron these on so I used the layout on the torque steer website to make sure the matts were in the right place.

Beware THEY ARE LAYED OUT WRONG ON THE WEBSITE IMAGE!!! the two backseat matts are the wrong way round (and still are in my attached photo!)

Lucky for me the patch position worked just as welll when the matts were switched but I was kind of
off when I realised the mistake!

As for my torquee steer matts they seem to be holding up very well. will have to see if they pass the time test but so far they are standing up quite well to the heel beating. I just hope that glenboysst3's matts were a one off bad batch. Glad to here TS were happy to feed a refund without arguement. I've had awesome customer services from them with every dealing so far, not to mention some cracking deals!
Guys if you find it hard to stick to mats , buy some wonder web , for doing hems on ur trousers , works wonders

1 - 8 of 8 Posts