Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ordered a ST badge for the front of my prefacelift focus ST500 but wondering exactly were to put it.
top or bottom? can you guys post some pics to give me an idea were to stick it.

cheers.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
roy i think yours is the winner mate. gonna try and fire mine on tonight if i get my car back.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(Rab ST @ 15 Dec 2009, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>roy i think yours is the winner mate. gonna try and fire mine on tonight if i get my car back.

Have some superglue handy Rab,they tend to fall off

They may stick better on the pre facelift I am not sure,but before I put a bit glue on mine everytime you looked at it it fell off

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Rab

Like most people I found that the badge also needed a little encouragement to stay on

I stuck mine on with double sided tape.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well went with this.

if it does a runner will get another and will fire it on with araldite then its never coming off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys, can I ask what material your ST badge is made from? I ordered one from the internet and it said it was chrome when in fact it is plastic and the red bit is like vinyl that's just been stuck on. Don't think it would last to long on the front of my car!

·
Registered
662 Posts
QUOTE(gill24mac @ 11 Jan 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey guys, can I ask what material your ST badge is made from? I ordered one from the internet and it said it was chrome when in fact it is plastic and the red bit is like vinyl that's just been stuck on. Don't think it would last to long on the front of my car!

They are all like that - I think they mean chrome coloured!
As long as you stick it well - ensuring enough adhesion to the grill (try and place it so the adhesive backing is against as much grill surface as possible), it should stay put.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh right, thought I'd maybe been sold a cheap imitation!! Thanks for the advice. Will stick it on tommorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
i used a bit of black mastic to fix mine on and its been on for over two years !
if your going to fix it on in this weather id try and heat the grill and back of badge up a little just to aid it sticking .

·
Registered
662 Posts
QUOTE(gill24mac @ 11 Jan 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh right, thought I'd maybe been sold a cheap imitation!! Thanks for the advice. Will stick it on tommorrow and see what happens.

No problem

Here is a pic of mine, most people seem to position it to the right and low down - but I prefer it higher. Each to their own etc

Sorry for the naf pic - just taken in the dark

ST_Badge.JPG

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts