Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mercedes AMG CLA 35 Premium
2,034 Posts
Your patience finally paid off Chris. :D
Now let's hope you can negotiate a deal to offset that significant additional cost. :)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The Seat Leon Cupra I've ordered is now no longer available as it's being replaced by a hybrid...... Fortunaly I got my order in on time!!
Don't fancy lugging a 1/4 ton battery around all the time
It surely must be more economical though.....otherwise what would be the point?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Some of these cars at the moment aren't at all. Lugging around two powertrains to only slightly increase economy whose effects probably have been negated to the environment by their production in the first place. Also the increase in price tag on the vehicle hardly makes the fuel saving cost effective..
I take on board all of what you said. :)

The only objection in the post I was responding to was the increased weight, but had it stated increased price then I would not have said anything.

I haven't seen the figures for the new hybrid Cupra, but when an electric motor is added to hot models the result is always increased performance together with equal or better fuel economy.....but as you say also an increase in purchase price.

The new Focus RS will be a hybrid, but will any of us here dismiss it purely on the basis of increased weight?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Again I'm not up on the specs of the new Cupra.....but I read that it will be a plug in hybrid. Are these able to be recharged by the engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts