Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer was told (by Ford at the FOS) around Aug/Sept. Sounds good for me as that's what I want!!

I have a relative (living in Hamburg) keeping his eye on the German motoring press and the Ford website as it'll be released in Germany a 'while' before we get it over here......

If anyone hears what the price will be - please post!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Perhaps the Frankfurt show would be a good time to launch the 'new 7-speed torque converter' auto box.

If anyone is visiting then please let us know......

Can't order one until it's actually on the price list!!

My local dealer says he has at least 3 people 'waiting' (and has sold 5 manuals in the last month!!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Focus ST Auto (petrol only) available now in Germany. Price difference is the same as the auto box on the rest of the Focus range.

It's listed on the UK Dealers 'Vista' but with no price as yet...... (hopefully the same price as other Focus autos...)

·
Registered
32 Posts
New price list from Ford (dated 21st October) shows the option of 7-speed automatic.

Cost is £1450 (same as the auto option on the rest of the Focus range.

Interestingly the base price of the vehicle has gone up!!!

Will be down to my dealer this week!!

·
Registered
2021 Mercedes AMG CLA 35 Premium
2,034 Posts
Your patience finally paid off Chris. :D
Now let's hope you can negotiate a deal to offset that significant additional cost. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ordered yesterday. Unfortunately Ford will only give me 10% discount as a military veteran (rest of the Ford range is 15%) but my dealer is being very helpful with other bits and a good part ex on my Kuga so a 'happy bunny'.
Looking forward to seeing how it drives compared to my TVR Griffith 500.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Latest news on the Auto variant (after enlisting the help of the guys at 'Autocar').

The Auto variant is withdrawn across Europe and not being released until (possibly???) the middle of 2020.

Reason given - emissions!!!

Oh well - off to look at a Seat Cupra.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Seat Cupra (300PS) dsg estate ordered.... (and saved over £9k off list price :clap: ).

Interesting to see what it'll be like although I'll get the delivery date the day after it arrives at the dealers.... (Seat communication leaves a bit to be desired!!)

Still keeping in touch with my local friendly Ford dealer though....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had 2 of these over the years, they are fantastic.

literally the only negatives for me were they are deathly quiet due to a double resonator and GPF, they have 0 exhaust sound.

The only other thing was they drink petrol and have manual adjustability on the seats.

Other than those small things they are super quick and refined.

You will love it.

Seat Cupra (300PS) dsg estate ordered.... (and saved over £9k off list price :clap: ).

Interesting to see what it'll be like although I'll get the delivery date the day after it arrives at the dealers.... (Seat communication leaves a bit to be desired!!)

Still keeping in touch with my local friendly Ford dealer though....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will have to wait a while longer!!!
Ford have 'pulled' the auto versions as of yesterday. Current auto orders to be replaced with manual version. :facepalm:

More news when I get it....
Chris - can I ask where you got his info and if you have any more news. Went to my dealer last week and he was unable to order me one, but could not give a reason.
Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I contacted the editor of 'Autocar' who contacted Ford.

Answer was that the auto box had a homologation issue with regard to emissions and that it 'may' be available around the middle of next year. As the ST is the only model to use that 7-speed box I wasn't putting any money on that!

A friend (who was a homologation engineer for Volvo) reckoned this was a valid reason.

According to my dealer (who is a 'mate') there are several model variants which are no longer available due to emissions requirements.

The Leon Cupra that I've ordered is being replaced next year with a lower powered hybrid version...

Never mind - we'll soon be running around in cars powered by AA batteries, with a 0-6- measured in days and a top speed measured in feet per fortnight!!!

Good job I've still got the TVR in the garage (and still (just) young enough to drive it....)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts