Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Doin' Everyone?

I am just about to purchase a 3 door 56 plate ST-3 (Electic Orange). Just a quick question relating to the rear seats.
After trawling through all good car review websites, I have decided to trade in my 04 plate RX8 for a good old St-3.
One thing I have never noticed on any sites, or even after being in the car, is the lack of a middle rear seat. It's only after reading a few posts on this forum that I have begun to pick up on this. Can't get many pics to try and work out.
Is this the case with all ST-3's with Leather?? (won't get to see my car until Saturday). Anyone aware if there are options to retrofit the bench for a traditional 3 seat arrangement?
One of the reasons for moving away from the RX8 was to get a more practical, everyday car (but still with oomph..), and staying with 4 seats like the RX8 would not be very practical.

Apologies if I am missing something, unsure of setup as will not actually get hold of car until Saturday. Might sway my decision to purchase... dunno..

Any info would be greatly appreciated... Cheers...

Ryan.

·
Super Moderator
Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line Tech 230
8,092 Posts
All st'3s have sculpted rear seats that only cater for 2 rear passengers . It was an option on an st 3 to have 3 rear seats . If you need the space for 3 in the rear you would be better off looking for an st 2 as they come with 3 seats in the rear as standard !!!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you want 3 seats in the back you'll need to get an ST2. If you've already bought the car and you must have 3 seats in the back, you mght be able to get hold of an ST1 or ST2 interior and get the rears re-trimmed in leather to match your existing fronts. Would cost a fortune though.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
seems to be the trend these days, god knows why! the new rs is 4 seater to. seems stupid to me, in todays market you would think ford would want to attract every customer possible! sculpted rear seats, my a
! gonna have to be an st2 im afraid matey.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome guys,

Kinda thought that was gonna be the case. To be honest, shouldn't really matter as have gotten by last 2 years with 4 seats, was just something that never crossed my mind. I would have thought the 4 seat scenario would have been quite a prominent feature, but nowhere seems to quote this fact, even Ford website. The lack of a seat in thee middle seems a total waste, and could lose customers based on that fact. At least on the RX8 the lack of middle seat served a purpose (Drive shaft passed through central column).

Oh well, will need to postpone the old family planning a bit longer then

Can also hope to save a few pennies too, no more 14mpg

Cheers Everybody,

Ryan.

·
Registered
853 Posts
QUOTE(big_dev10 @ 22 Jan 2010, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Awesome guys,

Kinda thought that was gonna be the case. To be honest, shouldn't really matter as have gotten by last 2 years with 4 seats, was just something that never crossed my mind. I would have thought the 4 seat scenario would have been quite a prominent feature, but nowhere seems to quote this fact, even Ford website. The lack of a seat in thee middle seems a total waste, and could lose customers based on that fact. At least on the RX8 the lack of middle seat served a purpose (Drive shaft passed through central column).

Oh well, will need to postpone the old family planning a bit longer then

Can also hope to save a few pennies too, no more 14mpg

Cheers Everybody,

Ryan.
wierd a guy who has an rx8 stopped me in town today asking about the st economy,seats etc,must becoming a trend

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Eventually plumped for a Blue ST-2, Phenomenal, but again only 4 seats???

Bonus though as came with Bluetooth and rear parking sensors which were not advertised (dealer said nothing either).

Are these standard??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Superb!!

Only found out by accident when I nearly wacked a Jeep of some description in Sainsbury's Car park, and heard a single beep. Decided to reverse even closer, then a double beep. Imagine my joy when I parked and dived out the car only to then see the sensors at back

Not that I need them though...

Bluetooth was found more when fiddling with system (dealer has not supplied manuals yet
)

Anyway, got more than bargained for... BONUS!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.