1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have a st3 should i have headlight washer jets
? also should the leather seats be electric? as i dont have either on my car

thanks

·
Registered
359 Posts
The washer jets are hidden behind two pannels under your lights and when your lights are on and you wash your windscreen they pop out and spray. as for leather seats i dunno, i hqve an ST-2

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The seats are heated but not electric, the washers only come on when your lights are on. hope that helps
the covers where the washer jets should be are just covers as i have had 1 come off b4 and i never saw any washer jets,i did have headlight washer jets on my mondeo st220 should i have them on my st then?

thanks

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Matt, I've put a post in the other thread about the ST Xenons........
thanks m8 i have never had them since i had it has only come to light when i was reading the other post that i posted in when it was saying that it should have headlight washer jets
ill have to have a look and double check,but im possitive that there arent any washer jets.

if there not there what can i do about it if there ment to be there by law?

thanks

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
everything makes sense now i've read choccy's post in the other thread matt. they've left them off when your cas been repaired mate.
either forgot about them or cut a corner! ring your insurance and explain mate. should get them refitted foc!
tell them with bi xenons its the law to have them!

just read your post saying you've never had them. do you think it might have been damaged before mate?

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
everything makes sense now i've read choccy's post in the other thread matt. they've left them off when your cas been repaired mate.
either forgot about them or cut a corner! ring your insurance and explain mate. should get them refitted foc!

just read your post saying you've never had them. do you think it might have been damaged before mate?
^^ Wot he said. ^^

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

possibly m8 but y would the covers be stuck on?? would the previous owner have done that? would i be able to see them if i open the bonnet or would i have to look underneath? if they are there ill get the insurance to sort it asap so do i defo have xenon lights and not the (HID) lights?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Matt,

As the others are saying, the only other time someone claimed they didnt have washers - later found that the car had a new front end.

You need to go back to the bodyshop, and get them to sort it.

The ST bumper is the same for all models, as standard they come stuck on - they should of been removed, and re-fitted to the washer unit.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i do have them just had a look have to pull them quite hard but i dont think that they work what water does it use is it the wind screen water??

thanks for all the replys i have had the car 2years and never knew that i had them

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
possibly m8 but y would the covers be stuck on?? would the previous owner have done that? would i be able to see them if i open the bonnet or would i have to look underneath? if they are there ill get the insurance to sort it asap so do i defo have xenon lights and not the (HID) lights?
should be able to see the motors if you take the undertray of and have a look up mate.
should definatley be there & if not someone at some time has cut a corner to save money!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
they use the same fluid as the windscreen mate. they also only work when your lights are on & usually with every fourth use of your windscreen wash wipe.
the fuse for them is under the bonnet in the fuse box in front of the battery. there is a diagram under the lid. it might be blown.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
they use the same fluid as the windscreen mate. they also only work when your lights are on & usually with every fourth use of your windscreen wash wipe.
the fuse for them is under the bonnet in the fuse box in front of the battery. there is a diagram under the lid. it might be blown.
thanks m8 ill go check first before i say i havent got any fuses in my car

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.