Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I am still hunting about for a 2007 st3, just noticing the seats all seem to wear so badly. The one I am viewing saturday has ok front seats, but I just wondered has anybody had the leather recaros re trimmed because its something I would consider if seats wear too bad. just wanted to know how much it costs (roughly), do they come out looking the same as they would new e.g do they match back seats? and which company you would recommend.

Thank you

P.S hopefully have my st3 in blue by next wednesday! (if all goes well
)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Im picking my new car up tomarrow, and it has the same problem. When I asked the upholsterer for a quote to repair the worn drivers side, he suggested colour coding the whole cabain.

I't booked in for monday.

Will update with pics.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Scully @ 26 Jan 2010, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im picking my new car up tomarrow, and it has the same problem. When I asked the upholsterer for a quote to repair the worn drivers side, he suggested colour coding the whole cabain.

I't booked in for monday.

Will update with pics.

so will they look the same as they would standard? or re design the lot

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(john_1988 @ 26 Jan 2010, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cant view link, not owner member yet.

I know but still will have to wait as it has to be confirmed and that old kaper

What is it? Pics or just a topic?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I may be wrong but i think the recaros are sold in bits when you try to order them from ford so im sure the covers can be bought but i would say " they wont be cheap !"...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know its not an
But i looked into having my front seats re trimmed on my 306 GTi-6
(which also suffer from bad bolster wear) and i was looking at around £250-350 for the two fronts in Alcantara and leather. I ended up getting some mint ones secondhand which was a lot cheaper in the end
maybe gives you some idea?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for replys. I have got someone who can do the seats for me if need be, all depends on what condition they are in on the car I buy. The reason I was interested in this is because the car I viewed had quite worn seats in the photos. TBH they didnt do it justice, upon viewing they were not bad at all. Just other bits on the car were suspect, i.e 3 owners on a 57 plate, 2nd owner had car for 2 months last owner had it for 5 months.Thanks for replys. I have got someone who can do the seats for me if need be, all depends on what condition they are in on the car I buy. The reason I was interested in this is because the car I viewed had quite worn seats in the photos. TBH they didnt do it justice, upon viewing they were not bad at all. Just other bits on the car were suspect, i.e 3 owners on a 57 plate, 2nd owner had car for 2 months last owner had it for 5 months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts