Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NEWBIE - Great site.

Was looking to buy a Silver 57 reg st-2 from Ford with 30k miles for £11,000 looked very nice and clean was suprised it has no Xenons though.

Can anyone advise should all St-2 have xenons as standard?

Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello and
firstly.

As far as I can remember the st2s and s3s have HIDs not xenons and it is only the st1 that doesn't.

The best way to tell is look a the front bumper for the washer jet covers, as HIDs have to have washers by law

·
Registered
80 Posts
No xenons =ST-1. Also look for no esp, quickclear windscreen and no sony cd. Walk away. There are plenty 2's and 3's out there

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,446 Posts
As stated above, only the standard ST (it was never actually called the ST1) lacks HID (Xenon) headlamps.
Very few were sold in the UK although there are a few on here that bought one.
When it comes to selling time, most buyers would be looking for an ST2 or 3 so best to stick with a 2 at least.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yep,sounds like a standard ST...ST2 and 3 have BI XENONS(not HIDS!),as mentioned if it has xenons it will have headlamp washers as per european regs.
Price seems very cheap for a dealership.
HTH

Nick

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
as above mate. but if it does have headlight washers & no xenons then its been damaged and repaired on the cheap!
oh & by the way
to the forum.

·
Registered
305 Posts
ST2 and 3 have BI XENONS(not HIDS!)
Sorry disagree here, I know they have HIDs because I am looking at an ETIS printout stating-

High Intensity Discharge Headlamps.

I was given this by a mechanic at Dagenham Motors YESTERDAY
Xenon bulbs can be bought from Halfords, the HIDs are about £100 each from Ford.

So please do not correct someone, if you don't know yourself!

If you would like a copy of the printout, its not a problem

·
Registered
824 Posts
Sorry disagree here, I know they have HIDs because I am looking at an ETIS printout stating-

Xenon bulbs can be bought from Halfords, the HIDs are about £100 each from Ford.

Yes we all know they are HID, however Ford themselves always call them Xenon, in fact usually BI-Xenon so you are both rightish and wrongish words made up on the spot

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes we all know they are HID, however Ford themselves always call them Xenon, in fact usually BI-Xenon so you are both rightish and wrongish words made up on the spot
Ok accepted, fair comment.
I suppose its not always the best idea to go on a forum 5 minutes after you get up(especially when you didn't have a good nights sleep)
Please accept my apology

·
Registered
305 Posts
Whilst on the subject of Xenons, I guess there is no way to adjust them? Mine currently sit WAY to high.
When I was in the dealers the other day the service guy told me that the most common fault is the motors, so maybe you want to get them checked.

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
pre-facelift m8
Did you EVER have them?

i.e. did you have them before your car was stolen and then repaired?

If the front bumper was damaged when the car was nicked, then the bodyshop that repaired it may have performed the repair incorrectly.

I believe that all the ST bumpers are the "same", but whoever fits it needs to cut the holes for the washer jets if they are present. The bodyshop concerned may have forgotten to cut the holes.......

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

If you would like a copy of the printout, its not a problem

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Xenons or HIDs whichever term you prefer need to be auto leveling as well as having washers by European regs. Most cars have an adjustment screw or something similar on the rear beam/axle/suspension. On RenaultSport Clio's it was common for the lights to point down if you had lowered the suspension.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts