Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've seen some post asking for pictures of the 2010 ST in Performance Blue with the black wheels. Here is a picture of my new ST-2 that I'm picking up on Monday. It's my 2nd new one, with the last being 4 years old. It must be good for me to buy another. No car has grabbed my heart like this one

Sad for someone slightly over 40 (and we are not talking mpg or mph)

Here she is

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(LawwaST @ 24 Feb 2010, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks really good!! When do you get to collect her?

Monday is the day. I'm taking the day off work to pick her up and find some clear roads. I've told the wife not to expect me back early

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Yeah definately silver wheels on a blue car (even more so as there are no graphics/chequers etc). White is the only colour that I believe pulls off the black wheels.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 24 Feb 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>looks great fella. enjoy yourself on monday.

I've just booked myself in for rear window tints at 'Executive Tints' (£195). Thanks to tips from this forum. I hope the wife doesn't notice

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(kneejerk @ 24 Feb 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've just booked myself in for rear window tints at 'Executive Tints' (£195). Thanks to tips from this forum. I hope the wife doesn't notice

nice one.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think when you see it for real, it will look nice. The black wheels don't seem to look very good in pictures. When I got mine last month I was wondering if I had made the right choice with the black wheels. But once I pulled into the dealers and saw them I thought they looked great, even if they are a right
to keep clean..!! I honestly thought they wouldn't show the dirt.... Wrong...!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(NobbysNuts @ 25 Feb 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think when you see it for real, it will look nice. The black wheels don't seem to look very good in pictures. When I got mine last month I was wondering if I had made the right choice with the black wheels. But once I pulled into the dealers and saw them I thought they looked great, even if they are a right
to keep clean..!! I honestly thought they wouldn't show the dirt.... Wrong...!!!

Thanks Nobby,

I was starting to wonder as I have not even seen the car in person.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had the window tints added today. It looks great.
.gif[/img] I would recommend 'Executive Tints', but as the BBC say, there are other good suppliers too.

I went for the 'Dark Smoke' on the ST-2 which is not as dark as the factory limo style, but better for night driving. It took about 3 hrs to do and the finish is 1st class.

Even the wife likes the look

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the window tints added today. It looks great.
.gif" /> I would recommend 'Executive Tints', but as the BBC say, there are other good suppliers too.

I went for the 'Dark Smoke' on the ST-2 which is not as dark as the factory limo style, but better for night driving. It took about 3 hrs to do and the finish is 1st class.

Even the wife likes the look
Any pics of the new tints mate?

I'm considering getting some on my blue 5dr

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any pics of the new tints mate?

I'm considering getting some on my blue 5dr
I've just taken this picture.

The car has just got back from a long road trip, so not cleaned yet, but you will see the tints. They suggest you don't use the rear heater or back windows for 48hrs after having it done, but that wasn't an issue.

I hope you like it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks good, Definitly suits it.
The guy at the tint shop told me about different rules in different parts of the country for front window tints.

for example; in London you can have limo black on the driver's door window, in North Wales you can't have any tints at all. So it changes from area to area. I don't want to run the risk, so didn't have the fronts done.

Ford standard limo rear tint is 8% light, the Dark smoke that I have are 18%. The dark smoke is great as you can see out very well at night.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts