Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Both my partner & myself own black 170's which we love to pieces. Mines a low mileage 54 plate hers is a 145,000 53 plate but goes like stink.
Recently her abs warning light came on & stayed on along with another light,i think ! She immediately applied the brakes & everything was fine but obviously it was a bit disconcerting so she put it back on the drive & used mine !!!
It went into a friends garage who plugged it in but he couldn't get any codes to come up other than something suggesting there was no power going into the abs which baffled me. He thought it may be a broken wire somewhere so he had an electrician look at for a week or so & they couldn't find anything but suggested the ECU could be knackered which worried me. Does this sound like an ECU problem & is there any known problems with them on the 170's as i know a new ECU is expensive but we can't drive around with the light permanently on even though the brakes themselves are fine.
Mick

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not 100% sure on the 170, but have you tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours to try and reset the ecu?

·
Registered
967 Posts
from memory isn't it possible for one of the ABS sensors to get dirty/knocked out of place and hense give a fault like this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts