Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

As someone pointed out to me at the Whitby run the ST-1's (which I own one of) don't come with HID lights and to use the direct quote ' look really pants' especially when there are 50 odd other ST's on the road all with there lights ons.

Obviously fitting HID's and the relevant jet washers is going to cost a fortune so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on some acceptable replacements that will get a little closer to that 'annoying traffic going in the direction' brightness that so many HID owners enjoy!

I've heard vagaties of replacement bulb kits that will do the trick but some specifics would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi All,

As someone pointed out to me at the Whitby run the ST-1's (which I own one of) don't come with HID lights and to use the direct quote ' look really pants' especially when there are 50 odd other ST's on the road all with there lights ons.

Obviously fitting HID's and the relevant jet washers is going to cost a fortune so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on some acceptable replacements that will get a little closer to that 'annoying traffic going in the direction' brightness that so many HID owners enjoy!

I've heard vagaties of replacement bulb kits that will do the trick but some specifics would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

Rob
just go on to ebay and type in h7 hid kit you get the kits for about £40 and well worth it and quite easy to fit , mine is an st1 and i have done it to mine

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just go on to ebay and type in h7 hid kit you get the kits for about £40 and well worth it and quite easy to fit , mine is an st1 and i have done it to mine
awesome bud, easy as that!

I've just had a look on eBay, should I look for some specifically for an ST of will any do? Alot seem to specify a rating between 6k - 12k. Does the ST have any limit, or is there any benfit in getting one rating over another?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But you will still need the washer jets ... It's illegal to not have them with Hid xenons Apparently... Could fail it's mot
is it worth it ??
Really? Why make conversion kits if you still have to fit sprayers? It all seems a little daft to me, do the washer jets actually have any effect?

Conversion kits seems plug and play so could remove them when it comes round to MOT time. Or am I missng the point of illegality should Mr Plod want to give me a hard time?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Really? Why make conversion kits if you still have to fit sprayers? It all seems a little daft to me, do the washer jets actually have any effect?

Conversion kits seems plug and play so could remove them when it comes round to MOT time. Or am I missng the point of illegality should Mr Plod want to give me a hard time?
wont fail mot test,headlamp washers are not a testable item.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
id check on here , use the search function as this subject been brought up a few times ... i was told several times that you needed the washer jets to be legal as i wanted to buy some black xenon hids from a forum member ..

but there does seem to be quite a few chavvy novas and the likes buzzing around where i live with hid kits ?? i wouldnt trust those cheap ones tho ... team torquesteer sell them and there a lot more than the ones on ebay

·
Registered
218 Posts
id check on here , use the search function as this subject been brought up a few times ... i was told several times that you needed the washer jets to be legal as i wanted to buy some black xenon hids from a forum member ..

but there does seem to be quite a few chavvy novas and the likes buzzing around where i live with hid kits ?? i wouldnt trust those cheap ones tho ... team torquesteer sell them and there a lot more than the ones on ebay
As I said headlamp washer jets are NOT an mot testable item.
I carried out my 1st mot test in 1971,still do tests ocassionally and own my test station.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.