Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was just driving home from work and noticed whenever i go over a hump or speed bump theres a creeking noise coming from the front of my car can anyone give me some ideas on what this could be? couldnt happen at a worse time im totally skint

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no idea ive had the car about 6 months its fully standard apart from a remap afaik

bushes expensive?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I've heard if you go to fords your looking at new arms which comes in at around £600 the option must people go for is to fit the powerflex bushes which is a lot lot cheaper. I'm getting mine changed to powerflex which has cost be about £90 for the front bushes then you have fitting costs. I believe suplied and fitted about £250 im sure someone can give more info than me

Could also me something else, drop links etc

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard if you go to fords your looking at new arms which comes in at around £600 the option must people go for is to fit the powerflex bushes which is a lot lot cheaper. I'm getting mine changed to powerflex which has cost be about £90 for the front bushes then you have fitting costs. I believe suplied and fitted about £250 im sure someone can give more info than me

Could also me something else, drop links etc
ouch wasnt expecting that.. do you think this is most likely the problem? am i going to damage anything else by keeping driving till i have the money?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Hard to say over the internet, could be a number of things! as long as its driving ok I'd not worry about it for now. Maybe someone on here whos local could check it out for you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard to say over the internet, could be a number of things! as long as its driving ok I'd not worry about it for now. Maybe someone on here whos local could check it out for you.
thanks for your help appreciate it, and that would be nice lol

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Chances are it will be the front lower rear wishbone bushes, they are absolute dog toffee, they perish and fail in some cases very early on in the cars life.

For what it's worth the powerflex ones will set you back about £65 - £70 the last time i looked a few weeks ago, and fitting at a decent place should be no more than an hour really (providing they can get the bolts and bushes out etc).

Driving with them knackered will not damage the car as such, it just makes the handling sloppy really, you would be surprised at how many people in the UK are driving around in cars (not just ST's as this affects most cars at some point) with wishbone bushes that have failed, it is a common failure on MOT's

But get them checked, lots of places will have a look at them and tell you what nick they are in

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chances are it will be the front lower rear wishbone bushes, they are absolute dog toffee, they perish and fail in some cases very early on in the cars life.

For what it's worth the powerflex ones will set you back about £65 - £70 the last time i looked a few weeks ago, and fitting at a decent place should be no more than an hour really (providing they can get the bolts and bushes out etc).

Driving with them knackered will not damage the car as such, it just makes the handling sloppy really, you would be surprised at how many people in the UK are driving around in cars (not just ST's as this affects most cars at some point) with wishbone bushes that have failed, it is a common failure on MOT's

But get them checked, lots of places will have a look at them and tell you what nick they are in
thanks mate will try get them looked at tomorrow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts