Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on way home after a bit of a rag, my car started making a squealing noise when idling. sounds like the noise you get from a knackered fan belt but its not that. been told might be air leek but no idea where from. sounds like its coming from under engine cover the bit that says ST on it can any one help me please?

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Try either removing the oil filler cap or dipstick if the noise dissapears then its the oil filter housing thats faulty and I would not drive it on boost as it can blow the cam seals if youdo, if its not tht then it could be the alternator

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I accelerate the sound quietens down but every time i slow down and stop it becomes louder. mainly when the car is warm. when i start the car in the morning i don't hear it for at least half an hour. when i turn the car off the sound remains there for a few seconds and then stops almost sounding like a deflating balloon. if that makes sense? @mikej i will try the dip stick and cap and see what happens, thanks for the advice

·
Registered
31 Posts
Know this was a while ago but was the result? I am having the exact same sounds. Can't really tell if it's a belt - not the normal squeal

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Under the engine cover I believe there is a small pipe that goes to the boost solenoid. Could this be split?

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I accelerate the sound quietens down but every time i slow down and stop it becomes louder. mainly when the car is warm. when i start the car in the morning i don't hear it for at least half an hour. when i turn the car off the sound remains there for a few seconds and then stops almost sounding like a deflating balloon. if that makes sense? @mikej i will try the dip stick and cap and see what happens, thanks for the advice
its your oil filter housing I had the same prob few mounth ago ad it changed spot on now

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got it sorted turned out to be the common oil diaphragm housing and some breather pipes. Running sweet again now all in time for Ford fair!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts