Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm getting an annoying squeaking or rattle sound from the rear interior of my car when the NVH of the road get to a certain resonance.

Apart from removing the parcel shelf to rule that out, is there anything else obvious or common? Other than that I'm going to guess and say its the seatbelt mechanisms.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Ive got the same. The rear passenger side window (on a 3dr this is) its the trim on the inside just below the window. Keep meaning to shove a bita cardboard down or somthing. Its so bloody annoying lol. The st comes with alot of optional squeeks and noises.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm interesting, yes mine is a 3 door.

I'll have to get a passenger to sit in the rear and listen out for the rattle.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
My ST had a buzzy rattly noise when i first got it. it turned out to be something above the headlining.

I told the garage about this and even pointed out where to push the roof lining to stop the noise. It took 3 attempts for them to find it. I almost rejected the car because of it. It had an over night stay the 2nd time for them to fix it. They firstly said it was the leather squeeking, however noise was there before i got to the main road.
The garage managed to find it on the 3rd attempt though, they actually sat someone in the back on the test drive and found where the noise was coming from, funnily was exactly where i had said it was. Turned out to be a cracked weld in the roof or something???

The seatbelt mechanism do always rattle about though, duno how you'd stop that?? Maybe plug them in even if they're not in use?

Mine rattles and squeeks all over though, To stop the immediate area around where I sit from squeeking i have to hold the hand brake release button, hold the door handle, and drive my elbow into the door card. Obviously this isnt really possible when driving. Good old Ford

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try the roof lining thanks.

I cured the buzzy rattle by stuffing bubble wrap down the door cards under the rear windows, but I'm still getting a squeaky rattle almost all the time. It is so god damn annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts