Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i still have the standard exhaust system fitted to my ST 3 and am thinking of replacing the standard cat for a sports cat, does any of you know if this would cause any problems? also what extra performance would this give? have any of you done this already? wondered if the sports cat maybe give the standard exhaust abit more noise and abit more poping?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have replaced the whole exhaust system from the turbo back and it makes a lot of difference! The only thing you have to watch for is that some cats will cause you to fail the mot emmission test, as they dont filter out enough of the exhaust gasses. So before you buy one, make sure do your research and make sure that it will not bring on the MIL light on the dash. Apart from that I would definately reccomend it. The most performance gain will be by replacing the turbo downpipe though, so I would do that either first or at the same time.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 31 Dec 2009, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i still have the standard exhaust system fitted to my ST 3 and am thinking of replacing the standard cat for a sports cat, does any of you know if this would cause any problems? also what extra performance would this give? have any of you done this already? wondered if the sports cat maybe give the standard exhaust abit more noise and abit more poping?

Could do with the 3" downpipe as well mate. You don't need the cat back if you don't want it. I'm sure PDUK (They're a sponsor on here) do a downpipe and sports cat package.

I had a Mongoose catback and added the sports cat and downpipe 6 months later. It made the exhaust louder and definately more popping and banging

I also found the turbo spools up quicker and the car definately pulls better

Hope this helps

Chris

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i add a sports cat will i need to get may car remapped or can i carry on using my dsci race +? Same if i fitted a turbo down pipe can i still run race+ or have i got to get it remapped ?am quite happy with my dsci race+

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Pretty sure race plus is for otherwise standard cars. I ran dsci and it gets better and better as you add the exhaust, intercooler and induction kit. Epic map

1 - 5 of 5 Posts