Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Sports cat prices ??

2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  NickFST3 
#1 ·
Anywhere doing a decent deal at the moment??
I missed out on a good prices at A & K because I had to use my spare £££ to repair the damage after I reversed into my garden wall. Any deals to be had out there ??
Its for a 65 plate ST250

#12 ·
I priced up a Mongoose from A & K a few weeks ago but they have shot up in price. I am tempted to buy the whole system and sports cat,just trying to find out if i will gain anything extra when i get it mapped.
itll be cheaper if you message him on here bud , and Im not sure on a mk 3 specifically tbh but good air in / air out is essential on any car if youre mapping the downpipe and cat will definitely help 👍

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
The standard downpipe is the most restrictive part of the MK3, because of the restriction it raises the temps under the bonnet which no one wants, high flow downpipe and sports cat helps get rid of the exhaust faster allowing temps to reduce while keeping your car legal.

The standard cat back I believe flows fairly well but if you want more noise then either de res or upgrade the system.

You can buy a downpipe alone for couple hundred quid but most of them are decat it's the 200 cell sports cat that adds the cost , all depends if you want a legal mot or not mate .

Hope some of that helps

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
They're all basically the same mate so get the one that's in your budget, I had the mongoose one from A and K as it was the best price, there's a scorpion one on eBay new for 462 or you can try the eBay one for 290.

If it was me I would go for a branded one Miltek Mongoose etc as you know it will be the same quality material every time.

eBay ones may or may not, so it's up to you if you want to save 100 quid or so, only you can make that decision pal 👍

Matt Lewis also has Scorpion for 460
https://mattlewismotorsportonline.com/scorpion-downpipe-sports-cat-5391-p.asp

#20 ·
What bolts are needed ? Just standard exhaust gasket and bolts for the cat back side , the turbo side has a 'V' band clamp which is 40 quid from ford.
I replaced mine but yours may be reusable.
There's always something else you have to get I find when working on cars, if you do it properly anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.