Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Bit of help from you knowledgeable lot, At the moment on my ST3 2007 I am running a DSCI Performance +, RS/ST pro alloy intercooler, ECU Spacer with K&N panel filter, running still with the Standard exhaust system. I am thinking about getting a Sports decat put on the standard system is this ok? also if i do fit a sport decat onto the standard exhuast system will i need to get the car remapped or can i still run the DSCI performace +

·
Registered
730 Posts
do you mean a sports cat - or a decat? 2 very different thins.

if just a sport cat - without a downpipe, only small gains.

if a decat - the engine fault lamp will illuminate and your car wont pass an MOT and wont be road legal

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Did you get a flash tune at Dreamscience or do you have a handset? With the mods you can keep running performance +, but you get more power from the DSCI tune. To move to one of Dreamsciences higher power tunes, you need an induction system and full exhaust I believe, Jared will be able to advise you better though.... Personally I wouldnt bother with a decat, get a sports cat and bigger downpipe, dont think theres much point doing either the cat or downpipe without the other...

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
At one point in the saga of swapping exhausts back and to on my ST I tried to fit my sports cat with the standard cat-back but actually ran into a few problems

Basically due to the spacing of the fixed studs on the standard cat-back and the position of the slotted holes in the flange of the sports cat plus the diameter of the pipe itself and the weld for pipe to the flange etc......the nuts were fouling on the welded seam of the cat before going flush to the flange to tighten it up. Even tried nuts without flange washers with no joy

Short fix, the standard cat went back on. Longer term fix if I wanted to run that combo would be to find some washers and take an edge off them to clear the weld or make up some kind of spacer. It's not an issue with my Magnex cat-back cos that also has slots in the mating flange.

Something to look out for depending which sports cat you decide to go for, mine's a Mongoose.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i meant a sports cat, dont want to keep having to go back to the garage every year to have the decat took off and the cat back on.Also didnt want to change the standard exhaust system( the miss wont let me)
so thought on just changing the standard decat for a sports cat. I know there wouldnt be much bhp increase but there would be some and dont know if the sports cat may even let the standard exhaust pop abit more. As anyone fitted a sports cat to there standard car and with what results? when is it nesscary for me to have my car remapped? at the moment i have the hand held dsci and like i said run perf +

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also wheres best place to buy sports cat? and all help with the above question are geatfuyl received

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 22 Dec 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also wheres best place to buy sports cat? and all help with the above question are geatfuyl received

I've got a new Mongoose one for sale in the classifieds - £300 (they're £400 from Mongoose now)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts