Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had a sports cat fitted 100cell bcs and the engine light has come on after 30miles or so?

Can this be right? A sports cat throwing up the engine light? I've had the code read and it does say its the cat.

Bcs website does say this should not happen with thier cat but I have got the cat second hand.

I'm thinking of having the emissions read and see if the cat is doing its job, if do then maybe a lambda spacer is the only other option?

Thanks Jonny.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tbh the car doesn't smell much more then with the slandered cat in terms of petrol smell, also it doesn't pop and bang any more the slandered cat also. I get better mpg and the turbo spools up a lot easer and quicker.

Jonny.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
100 cell DS race cat does not turn the light on, many other 100cell cats will.
some 200 cells even turn the light on.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
100 cell DS race cat does not turn the light on, many other 100cell cats will.
some 200 cells even turn the light on.
I used to think this as I've had a full DS exhaust system including the cat since July, using Bluefin maps which are designed to eliminate the light.
I've since changed to a Pumaspeed map and every 2-300 miles I'm getting the fault code for the O2 sensor, looks like I need a spacer for mine.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
I used to think this as I've had a full DS exhaust system including the cat since July, using Bluefin maps which are designed to eliminate the light.
I've since changed to a Pumaspeed map and every 2-300 miles I'm getting the fault code for the O2 sensor, looks like I need a spacer for mine.
If it's turning the light on I'd get in touch with DS.

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
as i av said be4, i av a 100 cell sports cat and the light came on, put a spacer on and that will stop the light going on, ya can get the spacer on e,bay.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
as i av said be4, i av a 100 cell sports cat and the light came on, put a spacer on and that will stop the light going on, ya can get the spacer on e,bay.
Cars going in to Pumaspeed tomorrow for the Elevate Anti roll bar fitting so I'm hoping they may have some for when they fit decats that they can stick on while its in the ramps, otherwise ill be buying on eBay.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
hi james its paul, not steph, when i ad mine over at pumaspeed tony asked were i,d got my spacer from, so i dont think they av them in mate.
Cheers mate, that's a shame, I know a place that makes custom exhausts between Leeds and Bradford so I may have another option, I just don't want to start getting under the car in the cold! Lol

1 - 20 of 144 Posts