Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hi all,just a quick question i got a speeding ticket the other week
40 in a 30 but i cant find the slip that they send out for u to sign to say u was the driver.....will they send out a reminder letter?? also will i get offered the driver awareness course? or was my speed to high? cheers

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I expect you'll get a reminder. As for the speed awareness course I think 33% over the limit might be too much for that.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I expect you'll get a reminder. As for the speed awareness course I think 33% over the limit might be too much for that.
just had a quick look on the net and found that its 10%+9mph as long as its under 42....so i might be ok just cant find the dam letter:( hope they send a reminder out

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
depends on a lot of things,, i know someone who was doing over 40 in a 30 and got a speed awareness course...
mine was in cardiff,guess its a wait and see job its not really made clear what the thresh hold is.....as like u say everywhere is different cant see why it cant just be the same all round

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
each police force can choose its own guidelines when to offer a speed awareness course, even though there is a national guideline.

·
Formerly Azionamento
2,760 Posts
Rather than wait for a possible reminder, why not contact the police and ask...won't do any harm and by not responding you'll only delay things.

The 'Speed Awareness' courses are only offered under some circumstances...how far over the speed you are, whether you've done one before in the last 3 years etc. If it's offered, go for it but if it isn't there's nothing you can do and you will get the points.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crisis averted i have now found it and sent it off
so its a wait and see now to see if they over the course or not,im not fussed either way as i have no points at the min and 3 dont do much to the insurance.....but.....i would prefer the course lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
Mate if it's a first offence and you were doing between 35mph and 42mph you'll get offered the driver awareness course. Anything over that and it's points I'm afraid!!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mate if it's a first offence and you were doing between 35mph and 42mph you'll get offered the driver awareness course. Anything over that and it's points I'm afraid!!
i dont have any points at the moment and was doing 40 in a 30 have had speeding tickets b4 but all poins are over 5 years old now and off my licence...well there still on the paper part

·
Formerly Azionamento
2,760 Posts
I think you'll find the 'Driver Awareness' course interesting...and probably not what you expect. I am one of the in-car trainers for the Avon and Somerset Police area on these courses.

In case you don't know, 'Speed Awareness' courses are a 1/2 day seminar and 'Driver Awareness' (1/2 day seminar + 1/2 day in-car coaching) are for more serious transgressions as an alternative to being charged with 'Driving without due care and attention'.

Once you've done it, post your thoughts as I'm sure others would find it interesting.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you'll find the 'Driver Awareness' course interesting...and probably not what you expect. I am one of the in-car trainers for the Avon and Somerset Police area on these courses.

In case you don't know, 'Speed Awareness' courses are a 1/2 day seminar and 'Driver Awareness' (1/2 day seminar + 1/2 day in-car coaching) are for more serious transgressions as an alternative to being charged with 'Driving without due care and attention'.

Once you've done it, post your thoughts as I'm sure others would find it interesting.
i will do mate,its a 4hr course in a class room so im told the cost is £85 better than 3 points and a fine and my insurance going up

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
i will do mate,its a 4hr course in a class room so im told the cost is £85 better than 3 points and a fine and my insurance going up
If you are insured with us mate the insurance won't go up at all. We can normally add 2 speeding offences before effecting the price at all so if you don't have time to do the course taking the points won't be an issue with us.

Best regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you are insured with us mate the insurance won't go up at all. We can normally add 2 speeding offences before effecting the price at all so if you don't have time to do the course taking the points won't be an issue with us.

Best regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000
i will be changing to u guys in march as u have given me a very good quote
some guy phoned the otherday but missed the call then deleted my messages by mistake so never phoned him back....can i come dirct through u when i need to change the insurance?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Matt

Sure thing mate just drop me a PM and i'll call you or you could call the main office number 01277 376000 and just ask for Neil. I'll happily organise everything for you....Im on here all the time mate so you can always catch me via PM even out of office hours.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Matt

Sure thing mate just drop me a PM and i'll call you or you could call the main office number 01277 376000 and just ask for Neil. I'll happily organise everything for you....Im on here all the time mate so you can always catch me via PM even out of office hours.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
ok neil ill contact u through the forum first and we can get me sorted out
thanks very much(always good if u can keep the commission in house
if u get commission)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thanks mate, we dont work on commission sales but im more than happy to help out any STOC member where i can.

Look forward to getting your pm. Im loving the wheels on yours in the avtar pic!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts